Average Miles/Kilometers

Wubdizzle

May 24, 2006
What are everyones average miles/kilometers when you go on your rides? I don't know if anyone even keeps track I was JW!

It depends on where I am going. Through the week most of my riding is for commuting. Those days it's about 25-30 km in total, on the weekend I try to do 50+ km in one run.

Wubdizzle said:
What are everyones average miles/kilometers when you go on y
MY daily ride is a climb 24km,climbing 12km over 500m and then 12 km downhill back home. Over the weekend we aim at a 30-40km ,always at least half of the trip is climbing,check out the photo section under Howard Steele,pic 7 is my route in the distance is home.:cool:

Wubdizzle said:
............I don't know if anyone even keeps track I was JW!
Picked up a new bike 1/12/05 so it just happens to be 6 months now & I keep track by the month of ks travelled. After this arvos ride my 6 monthly total is 4234ks. Most common distance is around 30ks but any where between 20 & 100. At the top end i.e. 80 + I've done 7 trips in the 6 M.

My average ride is 20-25 miles but I try to get in at least one long ride of 40-60 miles every week. I generally average around 150-200 miles a week.
btw, how many miles do you average? :)

Wubdizzle said:
What are everyones average miles/kilometers when you go on your rides? I don't know if anyone even keeps track I was JW!

It really varies. Usually I have two base periods per year. I just finished one peak phase, now I am back down in base. I don't eliminate my intensity, but I pull back for a bit on the intervals. So right now my volume is really high. I will probably aim for 500k weeks, at least two weeks of that. Then that will start to drop as I pick up the intervals, group rides and races again. I hope to peak out again in early August.

I love the base phase.
redface.gif

20-30 miles on week days, and I shoot for one ride of at least 50-60 on the weekend.

Haha I don't average anything near any of you guys, I am like 100 mpw,on a good week, but I am just starting to get back into shape so, alright here is another question since I am here, this is another one that I don't know if anyone keeps track of but, what are your average miles/km during your ride, (i.e. I ride 20 miles at 5 minute mile pace). Thanks!

50-60km/day 5-7 days a week. That includes a 26km commute, which is my aerobic base ride, plus a more structured training ride in the evening of 20-40km.

20 miles during lunch hour (weather permitting, 5 days/week)
40-50 miles on saturday or sunday (weather permitting)

Wubdizzle said:
I only use a bike to commute or travel longer distances, not having done any races since a kid's race in Bemidji (MN) State Park when I was little. I prefer using a bike to go from A to B. In Madison, WI my commute is 5 miles one way, slight hills, with up to 75-mile (one way) excursions on the weekends. Now in Yokohama, Japan I commute from between 3 miles and 16 miles one way (straight is 3 miles through winding residential, but I prefer the faster roads and detour for a better workout). On the weekends I'll go to Tokyo (20-30 miles one way) and to a riverside park for Ultimate frisbee (12 miles one way). In the past 17 days (since I changed my chain) I've gone about 350 miles.

I commute 24km a day and try to do 40 a day on the weekends. Weather permitting of course. I ride a Trek 7300FX Hybrid.

Monday: hard training ride, 40 miles, 22mph avg
Tuesday: local criterium race, 20 miles, 26mph avg
Wednesday: team recovery ride, 30 miles, 20mph avg
Saturday: team training ride, 70 miles, 21mph avg
Sunday: regional race (road or crit) about every 3rd weekend, 20-30 miles, speed varies