Average Resting Heart Rate

mtnrider said:
Not to be rood or any thing this section is for "next geration" not oldies! :p

firstly congratulations on replying to a post 5/6months later. well done.

we have also discussed the topic of age and posting in this forum and it is has been said that it is ok for me to post.
does it make that much difference if i do post or not?

and try and spell, 'rude' does not have an 'o' in it anywhere.

enjoy your riding!

KeSs said:
something strange is going on with mine, i was at around 60 during the racing season, now during the off-peak i am up around 70. Why is this?
Are you sure your checking it right? Lie down and relax a minute or two, and check it like that. 70's sound fairly high.

As for my heart rate i found it at 44bpm last week, though it's usually in the high 40's. My max is 209 though, i want to try to get it to 210 by the end of this year. Should be fun...lol.

mtnrider said:
Not to be rood or any thing this section is for "next geration" not oldies! :p
This forum is for cyclist U23. Junior and Espoir riders. Cause im 19! Mine is now at 52

KeSs said:
This forum is for cyclist U23. Junior and Espoir riders. Cause im 19! Mine is now at 52
I'm 60 and mine is 51, blood pressure 114/60, cholesterol 163. Just a note to promote the benefits of proper diet and cycling for good health.
Ride on dude!
From one of the
Over the hill gang!

KeSs said:
something strange is going on with mine, i was at around 60 during the racing season, now during the off-peak i am up around 70. Why is this?
can be just lack of sleep or change in temperature.

Mine is usually higher when im recovering, so you should check it on a rest day.

It seems to be lower when im lying down too

im 18, my average resting heart rate used to be about 72, last time i knew, which was last year, but i just checked it now, and i got a reading of about 50! wow, shows how much fitter i am now since i took cycling up seriously!

Yippie Kye Ay said:
Im 15 and my resting heart rate is 62 bpm I am curious what others resting heart rate is.

my resting heart rate is 78 bpm thank you for letting me know what your is because i was also curios:eek: :confused: plz write me back

KeSs said:

how come your is around 70 and mine is also around 70 but everyine else is around 40 and thiry is this normal:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

danni50624 said:
how come your is around 70 and mine is also around 70 but everyine else is around 40 and thiry is this normal:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
During last winter (off-season) mine was around 70. During my peak this past summer mine dropped all the way down to 45. Since I will be doing a lot more training this winter than last i expect it to stay around 50. It all just depends on your level of fitness. If you want it to go lower then just try and do more riding. See what happens. If you dont get it lower then maybe ask your doctor or a professional what the problem is. Hope that helps

Are you guys on drugs or something? how the **** do you get a resting heary rate of below40?? I know it's possible but surely not every single one of you can get a heart rate of 40? you all just lying so you can boast? I on the other hand have a resting heart rate 56

im 20 and mine was around 60 before i started riding more, now its around 50.

some free divers have a resting hr of 30 because of all the diving and breathing exercises they do.

The way some of you talk about your resting heart rate, one might think you're comparing bicep size at the gym...