Average Resting Heart Rate

Yippie Kye Ay said:
Im 15 and my resting heart rate is 62 bpm I am curious what others resting heart rate is.

I have yet to buy a heart rate monitor so i can''t tell you. But i am in the market for one, any suggestions?

Polar A3, has all the functions someone our age could need, unless you wanted to get super super technical like the adults do. You can find em on nashbar for about $70us, they have features like avg. hr, time spent in zone, hr shown as a %, adjustable zones, watch beeps when you go out of a zone.... i have one and i love it.

Steve.... oh yah sweet you're a mod now!

Hehe I was at medical examination at sport doctor before the season and in the tests they wrote I had 37!:eek:I dont have an idea how they got that number, but I think I have 37 just during sleep hehe!

When I get up in the morning, I just sit on the side of my bed and count the beats for 10 seconds. Then multiply by six. Usually I'm around 45 - 50. I've been a competitive swimmer since the age of 6, so that's probably why it's low.

Im 16 and last time i checked it was 47, but that was over a year ago. I'll get back to you with my current one.

I'm 14 and mines 36-38. I train a lot, but it's partly genetic, because even at about 8 it was in the 40's.

im 15, and i got mine down to 39 at a walmart blood pressure tester
theres an entire thread on hr in the cycling training forum

im 14 and mines about 54 while watching TV. My mums a nurse so i used her blood pressure moniter (first time i put it on tight and then it started to inflate.... my arm went cold)

something strange is going on with mine, i was at around 60 during the racing season, now during the off-peak i am up around 70. Why is this?

The weaker your aerobic system the higher your heart rate will be. During my peak last July my resting HR was 48-52. I've not been riding as much lately so it's probably back up to around 60 now.

Also my body fat is 5.5% last time i checked with 8lbs of fat, anyone else knwo theirs?