Avid Flak jacket shifter cables/ cable stop question

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Qa2, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Qa2

    Qa2 Guest

    Has anyone had to file out their cable stops to make enough room for the "shield-lock ferrules" of
    the Avid flak jacket cable system? If so, does anyone have any suggestions or experience in doing
    this? I have an alum frame and don't want to f&*k it up. Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. "qa2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone had to file out their cable stops to make enough room for the "shield-lock ferrules" of
    > the Avid flak jacket cable system? If so, does anyone have any suggestions or experience in doing
    > this? I have an alum frame and don't want to f&*k it up. Thanks.

    Funnily enough yep I did, and what a waste of time that was - they suck.

    If you really want to do it though buy a needle file and take your time, I successfully filed out a
    brake cable stop this way in order to fit a hydraulic disc.

    Steve.