Avid Flak jacket shifter cables/ cable stop question

Qa2

Guest
Has anyone had to file out their cable stops to make enough room for the "shield-lock ferrules" of
the Avid flak jacket cable system? If so, does anyone have any suggestions or experience in doing
this? I have an alum frame and don't want to f&*k it up. Thanks.

"qa2" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Has anyone had to file out their cable stops to make enough room for the "shield-lock ferrules" of
> the Avid flak jacket cable system? If so, does anyone have any suggestions or experience in doing
> this? I have an alum frame and don't want to f&*k it up. Thanks.

Funnily enough yep I did, and what a waste of time that was - they suck.

If you really want to do it though buy a needle file and take your time, I successfully filed out a
brake cable stop this way in order to fit a hydraulic disc.

Steve.