Avid Road Disc Brakes

What is the difference between the Avid Road and Mountain disc brakes?
I would presume the only difference is the cable pull as the road
discs are used with ordinary pull road brake levers.

If this is the case if I use a dropped lever such as the Cane Creek V
brake lever i can run the mountain BB 7s?

Cheers

Bicycletim

On Jan 16, 7:17 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> What is the difference between the Avid Road and Mountain disc brakes?
> I would presume the only difference is the cable pull as the road
> discs are used with ordinary pull road brake levers.
>
> If this is the case if I use a dropped lever such as the Cane Creek V
> brake lever i can run the mountain BB 7s?
>
> Cheers
>
> Bicycletim

Yes, Dia Compe 287V levers are the "correct" match to Avid "mountain"
disc brakes.

Jeff

[email protected] wrote:
> What is the difference between the Avid Road and Mountain disc brakes?
> I would presume the only difference is the cable pull as the road
> discs are used with ordinary pull road brake levers.

you presume correct.

> If this is the case if I use a dropped lever such as the Cane Creek V
> brake lever i can run the mountain BB 7s?

are the mechanical ratios matched? see above.