Avid Shorty 6 brakes - bes pad to use?

G Brunsdon

Guest
Wondered if anyone knew which pads fit the above apart from the wrim
wranglers they they come with?

As far as I can see the Kool Stop Thinline look very similar? Has anyone
had any experiences of changing pads for these brakes?

G Brunsdon wrote:
> Wondered if anyone knew which pads fit the above apart from the wrim
> wranglers they they come with?
>
> As far as I can see the Kool Stop Thinline look very similar? Has anyone
> had any experiences of changing pads for these brakes?

I don't have these, but I do have other brakes with the same rim
wrangler cartridge pads. On these, you don't need to replace the whole
assembly, just the cartridge of pad material and the split pin which
holds it in place. Like these:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=4786

If you want to replace the whole assembly, then most brake shoes
intended for V-brakes will fit (including the thinlines), but you will
be wasting the cartridge holders. The advantage of using the cartridge
holders is supposed to be added stiffness (over non-cartridge - not
always the case) and if you get it right you can change the pads without
having to adjust the brakes shoes.

JimP

--
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to
grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after