Avocet cyclometer with Mavic 571 hub-help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Krueger

I would like to use my Avocet 45 cyclometer with a front wheel built on a Mavic 571 hub. With other
hubs it works fine, but the Mavic's spoke flanges are more narrowly spaced, resulting in the mounted
transmitter ring sitting too far inboard from the fork-mounted pickup to get a reading. I know that
Avocet makes a rear wheel setup, but I've got the standard front mount on all my other wheels and
frames and don't want to change. Any ideas on how to make it work?

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
>
>
>I would like to use my Avocet 45 cyclometer with a front wheel built on a
Mavic
>571 hub. With other hubs it works fine, but the Mavic's spoke flanges are more narrowly spaced,
>resulting in the mounted transmitter ring sitting too far inboard from the fork-mounted pickup to
>get a reading. I know that Avocet
makes
>a rear wheel setup, but I've got the standard front mount on all my other wheels and frames and
>don't want to change. Any ideas on how to make it work?

Avocet use to, still does?, sell a ring with a thick mounting tape. Adds about a quarter inch to the
ring. That should work for you. These were commonly available around when Spinergy came out with
their rev-x wheels.
-----------------
Alex

How about using a rear transmitter ring with your front receiver? It attaches with zip-ties and
probably would work if you stuff something (like heat tape) between the hub and transmitter. Maybe
check with an LBS in your area that sells Avocet Cyclometers.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.