Avocet FasGrip Duro Plus 700x32C

Wayne

Guest
My preferred ride is a cyclocross bike ridden almost exclusively on well-paved roads, and this tire
sounds from its advertising like a good candidate for replacing worn Continental Top Touring 2000s.
Is the Duro Plus a true 32mm (which would be fine), or does it run large? How does its longevity in
the environment described compare to the Conti's, please?

Wayne

Wayne <[email protected]> wrote:
> My preferred ride is a cyclocross bike ridden almost exclusively on well-paved roads, and this
> tire sounds from its advertising like a good candidate for replacing worn Continental Top Touring
> 2000s. Is the Duro Plus a true 32mm (which would be fine), or does it run large? How does its
> longevity in the environment described compare to the Conti's, please?
>
> Wayne

Wayne:

I have a pair on my touring bike and I love them. They are truly 700x32. I've never used the Conti
TTs so I can't compare directly, but I can tell you that I have about 2500 miles on the Avocets,
2000 of those loaded with 225+ pounds of gear, bike, and me. The rear is getting a little thin, but
it probably has another 500-1000 miles before it's totally worn. They are an excellent choice for
paved roads, as they have an totally slick tread.

--Josh

Wayne <[email protected]> wrote:
: How does its longevity in the environment described compare to the Conti's, please?

i run the 28mm avocets duros. the conti tt2ks last longer, wear better and handle thorns better
(there's more rubber on the contis) but i much prefer the avocet slicks. the newer avocets (all
black) really are the indicated width. i've toured on both and like the slicks in that context as
well. i get about 2,500 miles rear w/ the avocets while loaded touring. the contis have gone longer
but the sample size isn't so large. the sample size is larger for my comment on flats, tho. the
contis are noticeably better for flat resistance (comparing kevlar avocets).
--
david reuteler [email protected]