Avocet?!?

Sir, It's Just Me

Guest
What happened to Avocet? I can no longer find their merchandise in bike
catalogs. The only source for their wares I can find is at their website.

After 8 years of reliable service, my Avocet 45 TT cyclecomputer laid
itself to rest. I really like the simple, minimalist, compact,
non-interpolating (or at lest much less so) magnet-pickup design and
I've been unable to find a suitable replacement. Any recommendations?
(For what it's worth, I never bothered to use the cadence feature; in
hindsight the 35 model would have suited me just fine).

Also, now that I am aware of Avocet's absence, I should probably stock
up on saddles. I really like my men's O2 40M model saddle which I've
ridden for a few years now. Avocet fulfilled another segment of the
saddle market - those of us with widely spaced sitbones and in need of a
wide rear saddle of the sports/racing variety (e.g. not a mushy
"comfort" saddle).

Thanks!

Sir, It's Just Me wrote:

> What happened to Avocet? After 8 years of reliable service, my Avocet 45 TT cyclecomputer laid itself to rest.

See:
http://www.avocet.com/customer_service.html

Your 45TT can be repaired by Avocet. There have been many positive
postings here about Avocet Customer Service. Give them a call.

Art Harris

Sir, It's Just Me wrote:
> What happened to Avocet? I can no longer find their merchandise in bike
> catalogs. The only source for their wares I can find is at their website.
>
> After 8 years of reliable service, my Avocet 45 TT cyclecomputer laid
> itself to rest. I really like the simple, minimalist, compact,
> non-interpolating (or at lest much less so) magnet-pickup design and
> I've been unable to find a suitable replacement. Any recommendations?

I have a used Avocet 40 in perfect working condition on eBay. Complete
outfit plus spare parts. Opening bid is $20 plus $2 shipping. Auction
closes Friday, 11/18, 9:00PM EST. See eBay # 7196442005 for more info.