aw, crap

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Monique Y. Mudama, Aug 11, 2004.

  1. Woke up in the middle of the night congested and sore-throated.
    Developed a headache and aversion to light by morning.

    This would naturally happen just before my race on Sunday. I'm hoping
    that by resting at home today, I'll be able to beat it.

    I don't want to be racing at 9.2Kft altitude with a stuffed up nose and
    a headache =/ As if my body weren't handicap enough!

    --
    monique

    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    -- Mark Twain

    Tags:

  2. Jimbo(san)

    Jimbo(san) New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2003
    <Monique Y. Mudama
    Woke up in the middle of the night congested and sore-throated.
    Developed a headache and aversion to light by morning.

    This would naturally happen just before my race on Sunday. I'm hoping
    that by resting at home today, I'll be able to beat it.

    I don't want to be racing at 9.2Kft altitude with a stuffed up nose and
    a headache =/ As if my body weren't handicap enough!

    --
    monique

    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    -- Mark Twain>

    You have the rest of the week... maybe you can shake it...
    Lot's o' liquids sleep and.... here this is from me

    HHHHEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
    HHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEELELELELELELELLLLLLLLLLLLLL

    hope it works.. Last time I did that the person grew an extra heel on their forehead where I placed my hand :)

    Jimbo(san)

  3. Sunastar

    Sunastar Guest

    Monique coughed up:

    >Woke up in the middle of the night congested and sore-throated.
    >Developed a headache and aversion to light by morning.
    >
    >This would naturally happen just before my race on Sunday. I'm hoping
    >that by resting at home today, I'll be able to beat it.
    >
    >I don't want to be racing at 9.2Kft altitude with a stuffed up nose and
    >a headache =/ As if my body weren't handicap enough!

    Okay, what's the punch line? There IS a punch line, right. I'm tearing
    up here. C'mon, with the build up you gave us, this has to be a joke.

    Get well Monique!

    --
    T o m Dillon
    Lakewood, CO

  4. On 2004-08-11, Jimbo penned:

    > You have the rest of the week... maybe you can shake it... Lot's o'
    > liquids sleep and.... here this is from me
    >

    > HHHHEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLYYYYYAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
    > HHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEELELELELELELELLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    >
    > hope it works.. Last time I did that the person grew an extra heel on
    > their forehead where I placed my hand :)

    Well, that should be useful ...

    Heh. Thanks. I need all the help I can get.

  5. On 2004-08-11, Sunastar penned:
    > Monique coughed up:
    >
    >>Woke up in the middle of the night congested and sore-throated.
    >>Developed a headache and aversion to light by morning.
    >>
    >>This would naturally happen just before my race on Sunday. I'm hoping
    >>that by resting at home today, I'll be able to beat it.
    >>
    >>I don't want to be racing at 9.2Kft altitude with a stuffed up nose
    >>and a headache =/ As if my body weren't handicap enough!

    > Okay, what's the punch line? There IS a punch line, right. I'm tearing
    > up here. C'mon, with the build up you gave us, this has to be a joke.

    Okay, I give. Come over here and I'll punch ya!

    > Get well Monique!

    Thank you. I'm working on it, though Eric tells me that lying in bed
    might be better rest than reading newsgroups ...

    Clearly I need a laptop.

    --
    monique

    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    -- Mark Twain

  6. pas

    pas Guest

    Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
    > On 2004-08-11, Sunastar penned:
    >> Monique coughed up:
    >>
    >>> Woke up in the middle of the night congested and sore-throated.
    >>> Developed a headache and aversion to light by morning.
    >>>
    >>> This would naturally happen just before my race on Sunday. I'm
    >>> hoping that by resting at home today, I'll be able to beat it.
    >>>
    >>> I don't want to be racing at 9.2Kft altitude with a stuffed up nose
    >>> and a headache =/ As if my body weren't handicap enough!

    I swear by this stuff, works better if you catch it at the first little
    twinge. Go ahead laugh, flame tell me I'm wasting my $$, but I haven't had
    the crud in about 7 years.

    http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP1345.html

    Penny

  7. bomba

    bomba Guest

    Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

    > Thank you. I'm working on it, though Eric tells me that lying in bed
    > might be better rest than reading newsgroups ...
    >
    > Clearly I need a laptop.

    And wireless :)

  8. On 2004-08-11, bomba penned:
    > Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
    >
    >> Thank you. I'm working on it, though Eric tells me that lying in bed
    >> might be better rest than reading newsgroups ...
    >>
    >> Clearly I need a laptop.

    > And wireless :)

    Yes, or really long cables =) Either would do atm.

    --
    monique

    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    -- Mark Twain

  9. Sunastar

    Sunastar Guest

    Monique coughed up:

    >Okay, I give. Come over here and I'll punch ya!

    Yeah, yeah, yeah... That's what they all say, then all they do is talk
    mean to me.

    >> Get well Monique!

    >Thank you. I'm working on it, though Eric tells me that lying in bed
    >might be better rest than reading newsgroups ...

    News group for a while, rest while, rinse, repeat. Lot's of fluid. Watch
    funny stuff on TV.

    >Clearly I need a laptop.

    Lounge chair in your office.

    --
    T o m Dillon
    Lakewood, CO

  10. Doug Taylor

    Doug Taylor Guest

    "Monique Y. Mudama" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I don't want to be racing at 9.2Kft altitude with a stuffed up nose and
    >a headache =/ As if my body weren't handicap enough!

    BTDT. My advice after painful bad experience: don't race sick or
    just recovering. Your body is already weak; racing will make it worse
    or cause a relapse. Your results will be worse than hoped or
    expected; that will bum you out. Before a race, you've got to have
    that go-for-it eye-of-the-tiger attitude. If your feeling mentally
    and physically less than 100%, that's a recipe for disaster. Better
    to blow the registration fee than mess yourself up.

    OTOH, if you don't get dinged too bad and it's gone enough so you can
    pre-race spin on Saturday with no problem, you might give it a shot.

    Best of luck. What a pain in the butt.
    --dt

  11. "Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:
    > I don't want to be racing at 9.2Kft altitude with a stuffed up nose and
    > a headache =/ As if my body weren't handicap enough!

    I can just see the post race pit with a guy telling his buddy...

    "So the whole race I'm being followed by this chic on a Sugar who's
    yelling 'On your Leb, On your Leb!'"

    Hope you're felling better soon! (Hot & Sour Soup always works for me)
    --
    - Rog

    http://www.wpcusrgrp.org/~rogerbuchanan/index.html

    NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM"
    from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be returned.

  12. Sunastar

    Sunastar Guest

    Roger sez:

    >"So the whole race I'm being followed by this chic on a Sugar who's
    >yelling 'On your Leb, On your Leb!'"

    I'll bet that cleared Monique's sinuses.

    --
    T o m Dillon
    Lakewood, CO

  13. On 2004-08-11, Sunastar penned:
    > Roger sez:
    >
    >>"So the whole race I'm being followed by this chic on a Sugar who's
    >>yelling 'On your Leb, On your Leb!'"

    > I'll bet that cleared Monique's sinuses.

    It did elicit a chuckle =)

    Dammit, it's raining again. I haven't had a clear view of the foothills
    for days because of the rain hanging over 'em. I bet the race will be
    one big mud puddle, anyway.

  14. On 2004-08-11, Sunastar penned:
    > Roger sez:
    >
    >>"So the whole race I'm being followed by this chic on a Sugar who's
    >>yelling 'On your Leb, On your Leb!'"

    > I'll bet that cleared Monique's sinuses.

    It did elicit a chuckle =)

    Dammit, it's raining again. I haven't had a clear view of the foothills
    for days because of the rain hanging over 'em. I bet the race will be
    one big mud puddle, anyway.

    --
    monique

    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    -- Mark Twain

  15. Pippen

    Pippen Guest

    "Monique Y. Mudama" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Woke up in the middle of the night congested and sore-throated.
    > Developed a headache and aversion to light by morning.
    >
    > This would naturally happen just before my race on Sunday. I'm hoping
    > that by resting at home today, I'll be able to beat it.
    >
    > I don't want to be racing at 9.2Kft altitude with a stuffed up nose and
    > a headache =/ As if my body weren't handicap enough!
    >
    > --
    > monique
    >
    > "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    > -- Mark Twain

    The rule is if the symptoms are above the neck race (although butterflies
    feel like they are in your stomach they are really in you head)! It's your
    call on the sore throat... Just ask yourself how bad will you feel if you
    don't race? I don't think you are going to find any races this convenient
    for you the rest of the year... The first race is always the hardest.

    See you Sunday,

    -p

  16. Monique says:

    >It did elicit a chuckle =)

    That's a little subnormal for Rog's posts. Usually he ends up owing me a new
    keyboard. ;-)

    >Dammit, it's raining again. I haven't had a clear view of the foothills
    >for days because of the rain hanging over 'em. I bet the race will be
    >one big mud puddle, anyway.

    Quitcherbitchin. Here's a thought for you. You come and organise my
    daughter's wedding on Friday (or pay for it? Both?) and I'll come race your
    race. Deal?

    Steve "does the name Bridezilla ring a bell?"

  17. pas

    pas Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:

    > Quitcherbitchin. Here's a thought for you. You come and organise my
    > daughter's wedding on Friday (or pay for it? Both?) and I'll come
    > race your race. Deal?
    >
    > Steve "does the name Bridezilla ring a bell?"

    have you ever googled "bridezilla"? Ettiquettehell.com is another good on,
    if I got that right.

    penny

  18. Sunastar

    Sunastar Guest

    Steve sez:

    >>Dammit, it's raining again. I haven't had a clear view of the foothills
    >>for days because of the rain hanging over 'em. I bet the race will be
    >>one big mud puddle, anyway.

    >Quitcherbitchin. Here's a thought for you. You come and organise my
    >daughter's wedding on Friday (or pay for it? Both?) and I'll come race your
    >race. Deal?

    Congrats, BTW.

    Monique would probably do well to race if it's muddy. The riders who
    have raced before may think 'it's just another race' so they'll just sit
    this one out. Of course, if she's running semi-slicks, she'll be in a
    heap-o-trouble.

    --
    T o m Dillon
    Lakewood, CO

  19. On 2004-08-11, pas penned:

    > I swear by this stuff, works better if you catch it at the first
    > little twinge. Go ahead laugh, flame tell me I'm wasting my $$, but I
    > haven't had the crud in about 7 years.
    >
    > http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP1345.html

    I'm not laughing, flaming or anything, but I think it's a bit late this
    time around. And I've heard mixed reviews of Echinacea.

    I'm sticking to tylenol and gatorade (since I can't seem to drink enough
    plain water right now to keep my mouth from feeling dry) right now --
    avoiding decongestants on the theory of letting it all out.

  20. On 2004-08-11, Roger Buchanan penned:

    > I can just see the post race pit with a guy telling his buddy...
    >
    > "So the whole race I'm being followed by this chic on a Sugar who's
    > yelling 'On your Leb, On your Leb!'"
    >
    > Hope you're felling better soon! (Hot & Sour Soup always works for me)

    Mmm. Hot and Sour soup ... maybe I'll ask Eric to pick some up for me
    tomorrow at lunch (he works about 3 minutes from home). Should get the
    nose going.

    He grilled burgers and made nachos for dinner =) Even had the good
    graces to tell me, "I hear you need calories when you're sick" to make
    me feel okay about pigging out. Only real fun I've had all day, so I
    guess it's okay just this once ...