aweful second week

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Bird, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Bird

    Bird Guest

    I would be much harder on myself had I not had so many challenges this week. Out to dinner for MIL
    celebebration, out with friends, another dinner with friends and two days of travel with DH. Good
    grief! I tried so hard but every day I had to use my flex points. So my target point is 24 which I
    used all of every day along with all of my flex points. I cannot foresee a loss this week. I am
    keeping my fingers crossed for no gain! I am feeling discouraged because this week was so darn hard.
    My plan of attack is to work out in the morning, stick to a REALLY low point day and weigh in on
    Wednesday. REalilzing, after all, week three is another week and I will have to be real careful if I
    want to keep up with my goal.
    PS What is a reasonable weight loss per month? I weigh about 19? and am female! Thanks for your
    support. Bird need to lose 45#, maybe more!

    Tags:

  2. Laura

    Laura Guest

    That does sound like a tough week. If you did not go over your flexpoints too much you might just
    squeak in with a minor gain or even a maintain. With all of the meals eaten out, try and watch your
    salt intake until your WI. Add lots of water <glug> too to help flush out the extra salt you
    probably consumed. Many times a gain from eating out is due to water <glug> retention.

    "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I would be much harder on myself had I not had so many challenges this
    week.
    > Out to dinner for MIL celebebration, out with friends, another dinner with friends and two
    > days of travel with DH. Good grief! I tried so hard but every day I had to use my flex points.
    > So my target point is 24 which I used all of every day along with all of my flex points. I
    > cannot foresee
    > loss this week. I am keeping my fingers crossed for no gain! I am feeling discouraged because this
    > week was so darn hard. My plan of attack is to work out in the morning, stick to a REALLY low
    > point day and weigh in on Wednesday. REalilzing, after all, week three is another week and I will
    > have to be real careful if I want to keep up with my goal.
    > PS What is a reasonable weight loss per month? I weigh about 19? and am female! Thanks for your
    > support. Bird need to lose 45#, maybe more!

  3. Just cross your fingers & hope for a maintain, Bird. We all have weeks like that. Hope the scales
    are kind to you. Elaine K

    bird wrote:

    >I would be much harder on myself had I not had so many challenges this week. Out to dinner for MIL
    >celebebration, out with friends, another dinner with friends and two days of travel with DH. Good
    >grief! I tried so hard but every day I had to use my flex points. So my target point is 24 which I
    >used all of every day along with all of my flex points. I cannot foresee a loss this week. I am
    >keeping my fingers crossed for no gain! I am feeling discouraged because this week was so darn
    >hard. My plan of attack is to work out in the morning, stick to a REALLY low point day and weigh in
    >on Wednesday. REalilzing, after all, week three is another week and I will have to be real careful
    >if I want to keep up with my goal.
    >PS What is a reasonable weight loss per month? I weigh about 19? and am female! Thanks for your
    > support. Bird need to lose 45#, maybe more!

  4. Lynne

    Lynne Guest

    On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 19:36:51 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I would be much harder on myself had I not had so many challenges this week.

    One week isn't a lifetime, and what you're aiming for is a lifetime success! Drink lots of water and
    get back to basics and you'll be back on track in no time.

    Lynne

  5. just a pound a week is the best for me, Lee, who still enjoys it when a woos
    comes her way
    bird <[email protected]use.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I would be much harder on myself had I not had so many challenges this
    week.
    > Out to dinner for MIL celebebration, out with friends, another dinner with friends and two
    > days of travel with DH. Good grief! I tried so hard but every day I had to use my flex points.
    > So my target point is 24 which I used all of every day along with all of my flex points. I
    > cannot foresee
    > loss this week. I am keeping my fingers crossed for no gain! I am feeling discouraged because this
    > week was so darn hard. My plan of attack is to work out in the morning, stick to a REALLY low
    > point day and weigh in on Wednesday. REalilzing, after all, week three is another week and I will
    > have to be real careful if I want to keep up with my goal.
    > PS What is a reasonable weight loss per month? I weigh about 19? and am female! Thanks for your
    > support. Bird need to lose 45#, maybe more!

  6. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Bird:

    It sounds like you did the best you could. Some weeks we are going to use all of our flex points.
    It's why it's a Way of Life and not a diet.

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

    bird wrote:
    > I would be much harder on myself had I not had so many challenges this week. Out to dinner for MIL
    > celebebration, out with friends, another dinner with friends and two days of travel with DH. Good
    > grief! I tried so hard but every day I had to use my flex points. So my target point is 24 which I
    > used all of every day along with all of my flex points. I cannot foresee a loss this week. I am
    > keeping my fingers crossed for no gain! I am feeling discouraged because this week was so darn
    > hard. My plan of attack is to work out in the morning, stick to a REALLY low point day and weigh
    > in on Wednesday. REalilzing, after all, week three is another week and I will have to be real
    > careful if I want to keep up with my goal.
    > PS What is a reasonable weight loss per month? I weigh about 19? and am female! Thanks for your
    > support. Bird need to lose 45#, maybe more!

  7. Good luck Bird. All these things sure make staying OP difficult don't they? Hope that you find you
    maintained on WI day.

    Brenda