aweful second week

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Bird, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Bird

Bird Guest

I would be much harder on myself had I not had so many challenges this week. Out to dinner for MIL
    celebebration, out with friends, another dinner with friends and two days of travel with DH. Good
    grief! I tried so hard but every day I had to use my flex points. So my target point is 24 which I
    used all of every day along with all of my flex points. I cannot foresee a loss this week. I am
    keeping my fingers crossed for no gain! I am feeling discouraged because this week was so darn hard.
    My plan of attack is to work out in the morning, stick to a REALLY low point day and weigh in on
    Wednesday. REalilzing, after all, week three is another week and I will have to be real careful if I
    want to keep up with my goal.
    PS What is a reasonable weight loss per month? I weigh about 19? and am female! Thanks for your
    support. Bird need to lose 45#, maybe more!

Tags:

2. Laura

Laura Guest

That does sound like a tough week. If you did not go over your flexpoints too much you might just
    squeak in with a minor gain or even a maintain. With all of the meals eaten out, try and watch your
    salt intake until your WI. Add lots of water <glug> too to help flush out the extra salt you
    probably consumed. Many times a gain from eating out is due to water <glug> retention.

"bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I would be much harder on myself had I not had so many challenges this
    week.
    > Out to dinner for MIL celebebration, out with friends, another dinner with friends and two
    > days of travel with DH. Good grief! I tried so hard but every day I had to use my flex points.
    > So my target point is 24 which I used all of every day along with all of my flex points. I
    > cannot foresee
    a
    > loss this week. I am keeping my fingers crossed for no gain! I am feeling discouraged because this
    > week was so darn hard. My plan of attack is to work out in the morning, stick to a REALLY low
    > point day and weigh in on Wednesday. REalilzing, after all, week three is another week and I will
    > have to be real careful if I want to keep up with my goal.
    > PS What is a reasonable weight loss per month? I weigh about 19? and am female! Thanks for your
    > support. Bird need to lose 45#, maybe more!

3. Just cross your fingers & hope for a maintain, Bird. We all have weeks like that. Hope the scales
    are kind to you. Elaine K

bird wrote:

>I would be much harder on myself had I not had so many challenges this week. Out to dinner for MIL
    >celebebration, out with friends, another dinner with friends and two days of travel with DH. Good
    >grief! I tried so hard but every day I had to use my flex points. So my target point is 24 which I
    >used all of every day along with all of my flex points. I cannot foresee a loss this week. I am
    >keeping my fingers crossed for no gain! I am feeling discouraged because this week was so darn
    >hard. My plan of attack is to work out in the morning, stick to a REALLY low point day and weigh in
    >on Wednesday. REalilzing, after all, week three is another week and I will have to be real careful
    >if I want to keep up with my goal.
    >PS What is a reasonable weight loss per month? I weigh about 19? and am female! Thanks for your
    >
    >

4. Lynne

Lynne Guest

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 19:36:51 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I would be much harder on myself had I not had so many challenges this week.

One week isn't a lifetime, and what you're aiming for is a lifetime success! Drink lots of water and
    get back to basics and you'll be back on track in no time.

Lynne

5. just a pound a week is the best for me, Lee, who still enjoys it when a woos
    comes her way
    bird <[email protected]use.net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    week.
    > Out to dinner for MIL celebebration, out with friends, another dinner with friends and two
    > days of travel with DH. Good grief! I tried so hard but every day I had to use my flex points.
    > So my target point is 24 which I used all of every day along with all of my flex points. I
    > cannot foresee
    a
    > loss this week. I am keeping my fingers crossed for no gain! I am feeling discouraged because this
    > week was so darn hard. My plan of attack is to work out in the morning, stick to a REALLY low
    > point day and weigh in on Wednesday. REalilzing, after all, week three is another week and I will
    > PS What is a reasonable weight loss per month? I weigh about 19? and am female! Thanks for your

6. Connie

Connie Guest

Bird:

It sounds like you did the best you could. Some weeks we are going to use all of our flex points.
    It's why it's a Way of Life and not a diet.

Connie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

bird wrote:
    > I would be much harder on myself had I not had so many challenges this week. Out to dinner for MIL
    > celebebration, out with friends, another dinner with friends and two days of travel with DH. Good
    > grief! I tried so hard but every day I had to use my flex points. So my target point is 24 which I
    > used all of every day along with all of my flex points. I cannot foresee a loss this week. I am
    > keeping my fingers crossed for no gain! I am feeling discouraged because this week was so darn
    > hard. My plan of attack is to work out in the morning, stick to a REALLY low point day and weigh
    > in on Wednesday. REalilzing, after all, week three is another week and I will have to be real
    > careful if I want to keep up with my goal.

7. Good luck Bird. All these things sure make staying OP difficult don't they? Hope that you find you
    maintained on WI day.

Brenda

"bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    week.
    > cannot foresee
    a