Awesome new pivotless suspension

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Supabonbon, Mar 7, 2003.

  1. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    Tags:

  2. > Awesome! http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/tech/?id=news/mar07news/F1000004

    > /s (I like it because it looks like an S)

    That looks shite. As far as I can see from the photo (correct me if Im wrong) it looks like it's
    relying in the 'bounce' of the frame. Think of the fatigue .... *SNAP* thats what would happen to
    your pretty S shaped bike. And the forks are really bad. The componentry looks pretty painful too.

    Just my two bits worth, worth.

    Small Black Dog

  3. --
    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm "Small Black Dog"
    | > Awesome! http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/tech/?id=news/mar07news/F1000004
    | >
    | > /s (I like it because it looks like an S)
    |
    | That looks shite. As far as I can see from the photo (correct me if Im wrong) it looks like it's
    | relying in the 'bounce' of the frame.

    Yeah, what kind of idiot would ride a bike that relies on the frame to flex.

    http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/moab/me/Red%20Ringer.jpg

    --
    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

  4. > Put down the bong.

    It's friday, gimme a break.

    > That frame relies solely on metal to flex.

    Theres some sort of shock in the rear = not solely. while that useless piece of s-shaped crap is
    just trying to scam you out of money to go and buy a replacement. its a SCAM! They're all
    against us!

    Small Black Dog

  5. "Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    | > Put down the bong.
    |
    | It's friday, gimme a break.
    |
    | > That frame relies solely on metal to flex.
    |
    | Theres some sort of shock in the rear = not solely.

    Yes, solely.

    The shock dampens the amount of flex, it's not a structural member.

    That frame can be ridden without the rear shock installed.

    --
    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

  6. David L

    David L Guest

    ?? i'll second that with the scalpel: http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/03/cusa/model-3VP4.html

  7. "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > Pete Fagerlin
    >
    > Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm "Small Black Dog"
    > | > Awesome!

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/tech/?id=news/mar07news/F1000004

    > | > /s (I like it because it looks like an S)
    > |
    > | That looks shite. As far as I can see from the photo (correct me if Im wrong) it looks like it's
    > | relying in the 'bounce' of the frame.
    >
    > Yeah, what kind of idiot would ride a bike that relies on the frame to
    flex.

    > http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/moab/me/Red%20Ringer.jpg

    Or even http://www.lahar.co.nz/Softail_specs.phtml or http://www.lahar.co.nz/PDF/AMBLahar.pdf

    I've only ever seen one - awesome bit of kit - Rohloff hub can be fittted at rear (or could be
    singlespeed), the guy riding it was a Mad Kiwi who'd do any jump or drop off you'd care to point
    him at on it.

    Russ

  8. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:

    >That frame can be ridden without the rear shock installed.
    >
    >--
    >Pete Fagerlin

    And should be, I say!

    Who wants a damp bike, anyway?

    Miles

  9. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    russell pinder wrote:

    >"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>--
    >>Pete Fagerlin
    >>
    >>Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm "Small Black Dog"
    >>| >

    >http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/tech/?id=news/mar07news/F1000004

    >>| That looks shite. As far as I can see from the photo (correct me if Im wrong) it looks like it's
    >>| relying in the 'bounce' of the frame.
    >>
    >>Yeah, what kind of idiot would ride a bike that relies on the frame to
    >>

    >flex.
    >

    >>http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/moab/me/Red%20Ringer.jpg
    >>

    >Or even http://www.lahar.co.nz/Softail_specs.phtml or http://www.lahar.co.nz/PDF/AMBLahar.pdf
    >
    >I've only ever seen one - awesome bit of kit - Rohloff hub can be fittted at rear (or could be
    >singlespeed), the guy riding it was a Mad Kiwi who'd do any jump or drop off you'd care to point
    >him at on it.
    >
    >Russ

    Lahar's DH bike has to be the ugliest I have ever seen... but I kinda do like the lines of the
    soft tail.

    Miles

  10. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest