Awesome new pivotless suspension



Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Small Black Dog

Guest
> Awesome! http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/tech/?id=news/mar07news/F1000004
>
> /s (I like it because it looks like an S)

That looks shite. As far as I can see from the photo (correct me if Im wrong) it looks like it's
relying in the 'bounce' of the frame. Think of the fatigue .... *SNAP* thats what would happen to
your pretty S shaped bike. And the forks are really bad. The componentry looks pretty painful too.

Just my two bits worth, worth.

Small Black Dog
 
P

P E T E F A G E

Guest
--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm "Small Black Dog"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| > Awesome! http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/tech/?id=news/mar07news/F1000004
| >
| > /s (I like it because it looks like an S)
|
| That looks shite. As far as I can see from the photo (correct me if Im wrong) it looks like it's
| relying in the 'bounce' of the frame.

Yeah, what kind of idiot would ride a bike that relies on the frame to flex.

http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/moab/me/Red%20Ringer.jpg

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm
 
P

P E T E F A G E

Guest
S

Small Black Dog

Guest
> Put down the bong.

It's friday, gimme a break.

> That frame relies solely on metal to flex.

Theres some sort of shock in the rear = not solely. while that useless piece of s-shaped **** is
just trying to scam you out of money to go and buy a replacement. its a SCAM! They're all
against us!

Small Black Dog
 
P

P E T E F A G E

Guest
"Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
|
| > Put down the bong.
|
| It's friday, gimme a break.
|
| > That frame relies solely on metal to flex.
|
| Theres some sort of shock in the rear = not solely.

Yes, solely.

The shock dampens the amount of flex, it's not a structural member.

That frame can be ridden without the rear shock installed.

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm
 
D

David L

Guest
"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
>
> --
> Pete Fagerlin
>
> Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm "Small Black Dog"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> | > Awesome!
> | >
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/tech/?id=news/mar07news/F1000004
> | >
> | > /s (I like it because it looks like an S)
> |
> | That looks shite. As far as I can see from the photo (correct me if Im wrong) it looks like it's
> | relying in the 'bounce' of the frame.
>
> Yeah, what kind of idiot would ride a bike that relies on the frame to
flex.

?? i'll second that with the scalpel: http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/03/cusa/model-3VP4.html

>
> http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/moab/me/Red%20Ringer.jpg
>
> --
> Pete Fagerlin
>
> Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm
 
R

Russell Pinder

Guest
"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
>
> --
> Pete Fagerlin
>
> Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm "Small Black Dog"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> | > Awesome!
> | >
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/tech/?id=news/mar07news/F1000004
> | >
> | > /s (I like it because it looks like an S)
> |
> | That looks shite. As far as I can see from the photo (correct me if Im wrong) it looks like it's
> | relying in the 'bounce' of the frame.
>
> Yeah, what kind of idiot would ride a bike that relies on the frame to
flex.
>
> http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/moab/me/Red%20Ringer.jpg

Or even http://www.lahar.co.nz/Softail_specs.phtml or http://www.lahar.co.nz/PDF/AMBLahar.pdf

I've only ever seen one - awesome bit of kit - Rohloff hub can be fittted at rear (or could be
singlespeed), the guy riding it was a Mad Kiwi who'd do any jump or drop off you'd care to point
him at on it.

Russ
 
M

Miles Todd

Guest
P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:

>
>That frame can be ridden without the rear shock installed.
>
>--
>Pete Fagerlin
>
And should be, I say!

Who wants a damp bike, anyway?

Miles
 
M

Miles Todd

Guest
russell pinder wrote:

>"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>
>
>>--
>>Pete Fagerlin
>>
>>Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm "Small Black Dog"
>><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>| > Awesome!
>>| >
>>
>>
>http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/tech/?id=news/mar07news/F1000004
>
>
>>| >
>>| > /s (I like it because it looks like an S)
>>|
>>| That looks shite. As far as I can see from the photo (correct me if Im wrong) it looks like it's
>>| relying in the 'bounce' of the frame.
>>
>>Yeah, what kind of idiot would ride a bike that relies on the frame to
>>
>>
>flex.
>
>
>>http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/moab/me/Red%20Ringer.jpg
>>
>>
>
>Or even http://www.lahar.co.nz/Softail_specs.phtml or http://www.lahar.co.nz/PDF/AMBLahar.pdf
>
>I've only ever seen one - awesome bit of kit - Rohloff hub can be fittted at rear (or could be
>singlespeed), the guy riding it was a Mad Kiwi who'd do any jump or drop off you'd care to point
>him at on it.
>
>Russ
>
>
>
>
Lahar's DH bike has to be the ugliest I have ever seen... but I kinda do like the lines of the
soft tail.

Miles
 
Status
Not open for further replies.