Awful things i eat for cycling

Molala2

Sep 24, 2012
hi, i am a 36 years old Hongkongese living in Hong Kong. For cycling, I eat some chinese foods that you may find awful.

For example, chicken legs. Southern Chinese eat chicken legs. There are many ways to cook chicken legs. The chicken legs i eat are done in the way whereby you submerge them in vinega for a prolonged period of time so it is very softened. You take out the bones and you eat the whole of it except the crawls. It is said that it is rich in collagen and is good for your skeletal-muscular system.

Another thing is cow's tendon. The usual ways people here eat cow's tendon by boiling them in soup, and then serve with soup noodle. In chinese medicine theory, cow's tendone is good for aerobic capacity, and the collagen is also good for skin and skeletal-muscular system.

I am not sure if they would serve it in your nearby china town (if you are intereted in trying at all). When i was studying London i could find them.

people have their own convictions while they eat.
I for one an a vegetarian. so i go for i protein diet that helps to build muscles.

I usually have a high carb and protein meal before cycling and sports drink during the ride.

Ucan --- more properly "Generation Ucan" - a sports supplement, aka "superstarch" -- said to even out your blood sugar during workouts. I've been taking it the last few weeks before hitting the gym. I do think it works, seems to be helping me to improve my performance on both cardio and strength training.

http://www.generationucan.com/home.html

Just tastes rather vile -- imagine fake cranberry/raspberry flavored corn starch, because that is what it is. Sort of slimes itself into a thick, nasty mess after a short while in liquid. I try to down it as quickly as possible.

I'm willing to last out this one canister. When that's gone, there is an unflavored, may not be quite as repulsive.

This is pretty awful. I'm sure there are way better things to eat there than that. Rice and vegetables or some kind of exotic fruits. I'm not so sure I've heard of that kind of Chinese medicine. Herbs and roots are what I've experiences with it. Maybe there's some alley way practitioners out there. Who knows.