Azadi Velodrome renovation

Azadi

Dec 6, 2004
we would like to have fundamental improvement and renovations on Azadi Cycling Track,it is a 333,33 m track made of concrete located in Azadi Sport Complex in Tehran.

we want to execute the best renovation and improvment method for this track.

do you know any companies with the expert staff about the Velodrome constructions?

F.Ghazimoradi

That's a tough one, especially because I don't know anything about companies in the Middle East. I can tell you that it took nearly 2 years to find a contractor in Chicago Illinois (the third largest city in the US) that could repave the track there. The real problem is that the surface isn't flat, and the equipment needed to pave on an angle is not common. The Chicago track is asphalt though, so perhaps it's different for concrete.

The best thing to do would be to start talking to concrete contractors in your area and ask them for price quotes. It will help if you have access to the original plans used in constructing the velodrome. Good luck, and start saving your money. Concrete velodromes are very expensive.

RSD said:
That's a tough one, especially because I don't know anything about companies in the Middle East. I can tell you that it took nearly 2 years to find a contractor in Chicago Illinois (the third largest city in the US) that could repave the track there. The real problem is that the surface isn't flat, and the equipment needed to pave on an angle is not common. The Chicago track is asphalt though, so perhaps it's different for concrete.

The best thing to do would be to start talking to concrete contractors in your area and ask them for price quotes. It will help if you have access to the original plans used in constructing the velodrome. Good luck, and start saving your money. Concrete velodromes are very expensive.
Try this link:

http://www.velodromes.com/

Good Luck!

Gentili amici

Nel mese di maggio/giugno/2004 sono stato presso il vostro velodromo per allenare la nazionale Iraniana di pattinaggio a rotelle.

Se avete necessità posso fornirvi l'indirizzo di qualche ditta Italiana che puo' restaurare il vostro velodromo che si trova nel "Azadi Sport complex".

Approfitto dell'occasione per salutare gli amici custodi del velodromo che sono stati tanto gentili con me e con i miei atleti.

Un saluto a tutti gli amici Iraniani Ciclisti. L'Iran e' il piu' bel paese del mondo ed io desidero ritornare.
Codafe
Roberto ( Federazione Italiana Skating on line);)
www.robertoperrone.com