azzurri

azzurri

Jan 12, 2008
I have an Echo W1 Wireless bike computer that stops recording speed and distance at a random point in a ride. One minute it is working perfectly and the next it simply stops.
Other main unit functions such as the time work fine so the battery is working OK.
I have changed the battery in the sensor unit but the problem persists.
The magnet seems to be correctly positioned in relation to the sensor but I was wondering if it is subject to any interference being a wireless unit?
Any ideas to rectify this problem would be appreciated before I am forced to buy a new unit.

outside electrical interference is almost certain, my wireless polar hrm does the same thing when im near the trams in melbourne.

i assume it only drops out for a brief time?

pete

Interference is definitely possible on a wireless unit. I rode past an electrical substation during a 20 mile ride and my Shimano Flightdeck showed that I had an average speed of 127 miles per hour with a max speed of 134 miles per hour. That is only slightly faster than I normally ride. Actually you can get skewed readings or have it stop recording if you ride past someone who has a similar unit and their transmitter is badly aligned.