b***ard motrist

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mark Potter, May 29, 2003.

  1. Mark Potter

    Mark Potter Guest

    hi all just a few lines to tell you about my experience to day with a twat in a cavalier

    A friend and myself were cycling up a hill into town when I heard him shouting from behind, I turned
    round to see what was happening to see the bonnet of a car about 4 inches away right next to me, we
    were going round a bend I was tight up against a wall oncoming traffic (only room for 2 cars to
    pass) and he still insisted on overtaking us.

    Im an experienced cyclist and am very confident on the road and it frightened the hell out of me

    On the upside though im waiting for the good ol' boys at Norfolk constabulary to phone me to make an
    appointment to take a statement from my friend and I so he can be charged for dangerous driving!!!

    Mark

    Tags:

  2. >On the upside though im waiting for the good ol' boys at Norfolk constabulary to phone me to make
    >an appointment to take a statement from my friend and I so he can be charged for dangerous
    >driving!!!
    >
    >Mark

    I hope the good ol' boys do something. Norfolk roads are getting bad. Possibly due to increased
    traffic on essentially country roads with drivers insisting on driving at motorway speeds on narrow
    winding lanes. If said motorist gets put in the stocks, please let me know, I'd like to throw a few
    rotten tomatoes in that direction ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Johnny Klunk

    Johnny Klunk Guest

    If you kept cycling, you're a bigger man than me. Someone does that, I come to a slow stop. If they
    show due sorrow, I may start again, once I've had a drink, checked my brakes, pumped up the
    tires.... Keep meaning to carry around a yellow and red card and "issue" them where appropriate.
    Lets just say someone gets upset. What are they going to do? Go along to the local constabulary and
    say "I was driving along, behind a cyclist, then for no reason he/she issued me yellow card?"

    hope you get a favourable result

    "Mark Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > hi all just a few lines to tell you about my experience to day with a twat in a cavalier
    >
    > A friend and myself were cycling up a hill into town when I heard him shouting from behind, I
    > turned round to see what was happening to see the bonnet of a car about 4 inches away right next
    > to me, we were going round
    > bend I was tight up against a wall oncoming traffic (only room for 2 cars
    > pass) and he still insisted on overtaking us.
    >
    > Im an experienced cyclist and am very confident on the road and it frightened the hell out of me
    >
    > On the upside though im waiting for the good ol' boys at Norfolk constabulary to phone me to make
    > an appointment to take a statement from
    my
    > friend and I so he can be charged for dangerous driving!!!
    >
    > Mark

  4. Stratton

    Stratton Guest

    "Mark Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > hi all just a few lines to tell you about my experience to day with a twat in a cavalier

    I find it very strange that car drivers can shout abuse from a moving vehicle but are too gutless to
    stop and do the same, they also tend to be braver the more occupants of the car. Possibly being on
    the larger size (6ft, 19 stone, brick s**thouse) scares them. They are very proficient with the hand
    signals but cant seem to work indicators at roundabouts. By the way I am a motorist also.

    On the other hand while out for a quick spin yesterday a car did stop to let us cross the A142
    during rush hour, one or two civilised drivers about.

    Incidentally driving through Cambridge today the cyclists seemed very well behaved, must be
    the weather.

    stratton

  5. Daniel Auger

    Daniel Auger Guest

    On Fri, 30 May 2003, stratton wrote:

    > Incidentally driving through Cambridge today the cyclists seemed very well behaved, must be the
    > weather.

    Or the exams. ;-)

    --
    Daniel Auger - [email protected] (Please remove Granta to get a valid address.)

  6. I'm often the victim of 'twat's' like the one you describe but have never bothered reporting them as
    I didn't realise that anything could be done unless there was some sort of contact.

    What will happen to this motorist when reported just a polite visit from the boys in blue, a letter
    or something more ?

    Interested to know how to go about it.

    Rgds

    TJ

    "Mark Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > hi all just a few lines to tell you about my experience to day with a twat in a cavalier
    >
    > A friend and myself were cycling up a hill into town when I heard him shouting from behind, I
    > turned round to see what was happening to see the bonnet of a car about 4 inches away right next
    > to me, we were going round
    > bend I was tight up against a wall oncoming traffic (only room for 2 cars
    > pass) and he still insisted on overtaking us.
    >
    > Im an experienced cyclist and am very confident on the road and it frightened the hell out of me
    >
    > On the upside though im waiting for the good ol' boys at Norfolk constabulary to phone me to make
    > an appointment to take a statement from
    my
    > friend and I so he can be charged for dangerous driving!!!
    >
    > Mark

  7. "stratton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Incidentally driving through Cambridge today the cyclists seemed very well behaved, must be the
    > weather.

    Yes, I've noticed that. For the last few days the cyclists in Cambridge seem to have been remarkably
    civilised, it's really odd. No improvements in the motorists, though :(

  8. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

    > I find it very strange that car drivers can shout abuse from a moving vehicle but are too gutless
    > to stop and do the same,

    I've challenged someone to stop and insult me to my face after he cut me up in London. This he heard
    and proceed to pull over and open his door just as I was passing. I was wearing my warehouse boots
    which were heavy doc martins with steel toe caps. Like I said he opened his door just as I passed
    by, so I stuck my boot out and walloped his door as hard and fast as I could. result was a sickening
    crunch and a permanent open door. He never came after me, because he couldn't get his door shut.

    Gadget

  9. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Thu, 29 May 2003 19:40:20 +0000 (UTC), "Mark Potter" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >just a few lines to tell you about my experience to day with a twat in a cavalier

    [SNIP]

    Following my hit and run of about a week ago, I've recently been

    your local plods and take it from there.

    They do seem, at least in my area, to want to take in the full facts and proceed from there.

    James