b*%""* lights!

Nick Kew

Guest
Aaargh!

Since June I've done very little cycling in the dark.

Today I went out for the evening, and decided this is the start of the season of regular
night-riding. So I made sure the dynamo was correctly positioned and attached, and dug up a pair of
gloves (which took some finding ...) Sometime soon I might put the shorts away too, but that at
least can wait a while.

As I set off, I couldn't find my second back light - the LED one. So I went with just the dynamo one
(and the bright yellow stripe). After a couple of miles I'd warmed up on the first small hill and
was trundling down the the other side when a car honked at me. Somehow it didn't have the feel of an
abusive idiot. I looked round - to see my rear light had died:-( Turned round and made my way back
home, and will have to sort that out tomorrow.

Anyway, I swapped the pannier for the small rucksack, went straight back out, and stuck the thumb
up. Got a lift virtually door-to-door after just a couple of minutes, so I was only slightly late:)

--
Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5,
Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)

"Nick Kew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> As I set off, I couldn't find my second back light - the LED one.

I know where mine is: on the bike ;-)

I never take the lights off the bike. Each new bike gets a set of rear lights, even if I'm going to
share front lights with another bike.

--
Guy
===

http://www.chapmancentral.com

In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard of
"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> As I set off, I couldn't find my second back light - the LED one.
>
> I know where mine is: on the bike ;-)

Mine doesn't live on the bike, for reasons of simple security. The LED ones are far too easy for the
light-fingered to help themselves to.

--
Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5,
Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)

"Nick Kew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> >> As I set off, I couldn't find my second back light - the LED one.

> > I know where mine is: on the bike ;-)

> Mine doesn't live on the bike, for reasons of simple security. The LED ones are far too easy for
> the light-fingered to help themselves
to.

Get some tamper-resistant Torx screws form your local hardware shop?

--
Guy
===

http://www.chapmancentral.com