b*%""* lights!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Nick Kew, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    Aaargh!

    Since June I've done very little cycling in the dark.

    Today I went out for the evening, and decided this is the start of the season of regular
    night-riding. So I made sure the dynamo was correctly positioned and attached, and dug up a pair of
    gloves (which took some finding ...) Sometime soon I might put the shorts away too, but that at
    least can wait a while.

    As I set off, I couldn't find my second back light - the LED one. So I went with just the dynamo one
    (and the bright yellow stripe). After a couple of miles I'd warmed up on the first small hill and
    was trundling down the the other side when a car honked at me. Somehow it didn't have the feel of an
    abusive idiot. I looked round - to see my rear light had died:-( Turned round and made my way back
    home, and will have to sort that out tomorrow.

    Anyway, I swapped the pannier for the small rucksack, went straight back out, and stuck the thumb
    up. Got a lift virtually door-to-door after just a couple of minutes, so I was only slightly late:)

    --
    Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5,
    Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)

    Tags:

  2. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    "Nick Kew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > As I set off, I couldn't find my second back light - the LED one.

    I know where mine is: on the bike ;-)

    I never take the lights off the bike. Each new bike gets a set of rear lights, even if I'm going to
    share front lights with another bike.

    --
    Guy
    ===

    http://www.chapmancentral.com

  3. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard of
    "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> As I set off, I couldn't find my second back light - the LED one.
    >
    > I know where mine is: on the bike ;-)

    Mine doesn't live on the bike, for reasons of simple security. The LED ones are far too easy for the
    light-fingered to help themselves to.

    --
    Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5,
    Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    "Nick Kew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > >> As I set off, I couldn't find my second back light - the LED one.

    > > I know where mine is: on the bike ;-)

    > Mine doesn't live on the bike, for reasons of simple security. The LED ones are far too easy for
    > the light-fingered to help themselves
    to.

    Get some tamper-resistant Torx screws form your local hardware shop?

    --
    Guy
    ===

    http://www.chapmancentral.com