B&M DIWA Brake lights

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Ric, Dec 25, 2005.

  1. Ric

    Ric Guest

    Has anybody tried the Busch & Muller DIWA brake lights system? I'm thinking
    of buying a set for my city bike (SON powered). The description on
    RoseVersand mail order site is a bit vague - how does this work exactly? It
    appears that there is an accelerometer of some sort, but is it mounted in
    the front or rear lamp? Also, does the front lamp have the usual lumosensor
    built in?

    Tags:

  2. On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 19:58:06 +0100, Ric wrote:

    > Busch & Muller DIWA

    I don't have this system but my understanding from reading the B&M German
    language information is that it measures the deceleration from the hub
    dynamo i.e. I suppose it counts the cycles from the hub and detects a
    decrease. The front and back light have to be used together because the
    light sensor is mounted in the front one and the back one needs to know how
    much daylight there is in order to adjust its brightness when decelerating.
    Also, when decelerating, both front and back lights come on in order to
    prevent the rear buld burning out.
    --
    Michael MacClancy

  3. LSMike

    LSMike Guest

    Ric wrote:
    > Has anybody tried the Busch & Muller DIWA brake lights system? I'm thinking
    > of buying a set for my city bike (SON powered). The description on
    > RoseVersand mail order site is a bit vague - how does this work exactly? It
    > appears that there is an accelerometer of some sort, but is it mounted in
    > the front or rear lamp?

    I have a set on my Hurricane, I'm not sure it's much different from any
    similar B&M light setup apart from the DIWA action. I love having the
    SON and these lights. You can read some detail about it here on Peter
    White's page, if you haven't already:

    http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/Schmidt-Lumotec.asp

    > Also, does the front lamp have the usual lumosensor
    > built in?

    Yes, three settings, off, on permanently with DIWA, and on with DIWA
    when it's dark.

    LSMike.
    My bikes - http://www.londonskaters.com/cycling/my-bikes.htm