B*st*rds!

In news:[email protected],
Helen Deborah Vecht <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell us:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6329125.stm

There was a spate of similar BLEAN a few years ago around Caldeonian Road /
Holloway - mini-pikeys on mopeds half-inching panniers off people's bikes.
I used to secure mine with an extra toe-strap when passing through those
parts, just /itching/ for some scrote to try something :)

--
Dave Larrington
Official: Living in a wardrobe can be injurious to one's health

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 17:22:08 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
<[email protected]> wrote:

>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6329125.stm

I saw it in this mornings Metro and was annoyed (actually really,
really p*ssed off) to see the line 'she wasn't wearing a helmet'. WTF
has that to do with this inicident or if they ever catch up with these
scrotes is the defence going to be the vicitm wouldn't have been
injured had she been wearing a helmet.

Nigel
replace SPAMHATER with n and t*sc*li with totalise

[email protected] wrote on 05/02/2007 18:23 +0100:
> On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 17:22:08 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6329125.stm

> I saw it in this mornings Metro and was annoyed (actually really,
> really p*ssed off) to see the line 'she wasn't wearing a helmet'. WTF
> has that to do with this inicident or if they ever catch up with these
> scrotes is the defence going to be the vicitm wouldn't have been
> injured had she been wearing a helmet.

Its a valid point. Head injuries from physical assaults outnumber those
from cycling. The population should wear helmets in case they get
assaulted ;-^)

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 17:22:08 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6329125.stm

> I saw it in this mornings Metro and was annoyed (actually really,
> really p*ssed off) to see the line 'she wasn't wearing a helmet'. WTF
> has that to do with this inicident or if they ever catch up with these
> scrotes is the defence going to be the vicitm wouldn't have been
> injured had she been wearing a helmet.
>
> Nigel
> replace SPAMHATER with n and t*sc*li with totalise

Last summer when my wife phoned our local police about kids riding
mini-motos and larger bikes on the footpaths around our way, she was asked:
"Were they wearing helmets?" I think that she pointed out that their
personal safety was not her primary concern - or words to that effect.

--

Nigel

"Nigel Randell" <[email protected]>typed

> Last summer when my wife phoned our local police about kids riding
> mini-motos and larger bikes on the footpaths around our way, she was asked:
> "Were they wearing helmets?" I think that she pointed out that their
> personal safety was not her primary concern - or words to that effect.

Yebbut the dibbles won't chase or otherwise challenge unhelmeted riders
in case they suffer an unintended dismount. Woman in Manchester saw two
scotes riding her sons' stolen bikes and police wouldn't do anything.

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote on 06/02/2007 02:49 +0100:
> "Nigel Randell" <[email protected]>typed
>
>> Last summer when my wife phoned our local police about kids riding
>> mini-motos and larger bikes on the footpaths around our way, she was asked:
>> "Were they wearing helmets?" I think that she pointed out that their
>> personal safety was not her primary concern - or words to that effect.

> Yebbut the dibbles won't chase or otherwise challenge unhelmeted riders
> in case they suffer an unintended dismount. Woman in Manchester saw two
> scotes riding her sons' stolen bikes and police wouldn't do anything.

Well not until they've completed a risk assessment at least by which
time the perps are well away ;-)

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 18:23:35 +0000 someone who may be
[email protected] wrote this:-

>I saw it in this mornings Metro and was annoyed (actually really,
>really p*ssed off) to see the line 'she wasn't wearing a helmet'.

Indeed, victim blaming as usual.

A couple of years ago a woman was shot dead in her shop in
Nottingham. Nobody has suggested that she should have been wearing a
"bullet proof" vest.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

David Hansen <[email protected]>typed

> On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 18:23:35 +0000 someone who may be
> [email protected] wrote this:-

> >I saw it in this mornings Metro and was annoyed (actually really,
> >really p*ssed off) to see the line 'she wasn't wearing a helmet'.

> Indeed, victim blaming as usual.

> A couple of years ago a woman was shot dead in her shop in
> Nottingham. Nobody has suggested that she should have been wearing a
> "bullet proof" vest.

Nobody yet has suggested this attack was caused by the woman carrying A
BAG! I mean, surely bags tempt thieves...

--

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
> David Hansen <[email protected]>typed
>

>> On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 18:23:35 +0000 someone who may be
>> [email protected] wrote this:-

>>> I saw it in this mornings Metro and was annoyed (actually really,
>>> really p*ssed off) to see the line 'she wasn't wearing a helmet'.

>> Indeed, victim blaming as usual.

>> A couple of years ago a woman was shot dead in her shop in
>> Nottingham. Nobody has suggested that she should have been wearing a
>> "bullet proof" vest.

> Nobody yet has suggested this attack was caused by the woman carrying A
> BAG! I mean, surely bags tempt thieves...

I don't think she was carrying a bag. But she was working in the family
jeweler's shop.

Obviously a high-risk location.

Al C-F <[email protected]>typed

> Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
> > David Hansen <[email protected]>typed

> >> Indeed, victim blaming as usual.

> >> A couple of years ago a woman was shot dead in her shop in
> >> Nottingham. Nobody has suggested that she should have been wearing a
> >> "bullet proof" vest.

> > Nobody yet has suggested this attack was caused by the woman carrying A
> > BAG! I mean, surely bags tempt thieves...
> >

> I don't think she was carrying a bag. But she was working in the family
> jeweler's shop.

> Obviously a high-risk location.

Sorry, we're talking crossed purposes here. The victim of the crime
about which I originally posted was mugged for her BAG. The Nottingham
jeweller was working with jewels...

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

"Helen Deborah Vecht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Nigel Randell" <[email protected]>typed
>
>> Last summer when my wife phoned our local police about kids riding
>> mini-motos and larger bikes on the footpaths around our way, she was
>> asked:
>> "Were they wearing helmets?" I think that she pointed out that their
>> personal safety was not her primary concern - or words to that effect.

> Yebbut the dibbles won't chase or otherwise challenge unhelmeted riders
> in case they suffer an unintended dismount. Woman in Manchester saw two
> scotes riding her sons' stolen bikes and police wouldn't do anything.

And would no doubt be quick to dissuade her from doing anything either.
Certainly we have been advised not to challenge the pavement (motor)bikers -
the police, to be fair, can't do much unless they are on the spot, so we and
the other families around here have to warn our children to be on their
guard for motorbikes even when they are on the pavement.

--

Nigel

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
> Al C-F <[email protected]>typed
>

>> Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
>>> David Hansen <[email protected]>typed

>>> Nobody yet has suggested this attack was caused by the woman carrying A
>>> BAG! I mean, surely bags tempt thieves...
>>>

>> I don't think she was carrying a bag. But she was working in the family
>> jeweler's shop.

>> Obviously a high-risk location.

> Sorry, we're talking crossed purposes here. The victim of the crime
> about which I originally posted was mugged for her BAG. The Nottingham
> jeweller was working with jewels...

Beg your pardon. Must've missed that one.

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 02:49:06 GMT someone who may be Helen Deborah
Vecht <[email protected]> wrote this:-

>Yebbut the dibbles won't chase or otherwise challenge unhelmeted riders
>in case they suffer an unintended dismount.

Must be a new policy. Perhaps the police have grown up since a
police officer assaulted a cyclist with his car. The police tried to
keep film of this attack secret but it was eventually made public.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:41:29 GMT someone who may be Helen Deborah
Vecht <[email protected]> wrote this:-

>Nobody yet has suggested this attack was caused by the woman carrying A
>BAG! I mean, surely bags tempt thieves...

Indeed.

A thief once tried to steal the handbag of a member of my family.
However, the thief didn't realise that she once trained for hurdles
at Birchfield Harriers and can still run considerably faster than
most people.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Nigel Randell <[email protected]> wrote:

> the other families around here have to warn our children to be on their
> guard for motorbikes even when they are on the pavement.

Oooh! Thread convergence!
Pedestrians on the pavement not safe from motor vehicles...

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007, David Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 02:49:06 GMT someone who may be Helen Deborah
> Vecht <[email protected]> wrote this:-
>
> >Yebbut the dibbles won't chase or otherwise challenge unhelmeted riders
> >in case they suffer an unintended dismount.

> Must be a new policy. Perhaps the police have grown up since a
> police officer assaulted a cyclist with his car. The police tried to
> keep film of this attack secret but it was eventually made public.

No that was PEDAL cyclist, so obviously unimportant, insignificant
low-life barely worth considering human. These were MOTOR bikers, and
obviously the consumption of fossil fuels immediately makes someone a
someone, not subject to the rule of law, able to kill with near
impunity, etc.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

In article <[email protected]>, Ian Smith
[email protected] says...
> On Wed, 07 Feb 2007, David Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 02:49:06 GMT someone who may be Helen Deborah
> > Vecht <[email protected]> wrote this:-
> >
> > >Yebbut the dibbles won't chase or otherwise challenge unhelmeted riders
> > >in case they suffer an unintended dismount.

> > Must be a new policy. Perhaps the police have grown up since a
> > police officer assaulted a cyclist with his car. The police tried to
> > keep film of this attack secret but it was eventually made public.

> No that was PEDAL cyclist, so obviously unimportant, insignificant
> low-life barely worth considering human. These were MOTOR bikers, and
> obviously the consumption of fossil fuels immediately makes someone a
> someone, not subject to the rule of law, able to kill with near
> impunity, etc.

I'm sure I've seen UK police knocking kids off mopeds (at low speed) on
Police Camera Action or some similar program.