B*st*rds?

David Damerell wrote:
> Fowler.

My edition of "The New Fowler's Modern English Usage" doesn't have an entry for "sock puppet". It
does have an entry for "socker", though. It says, "see SOCCER".

Am I missing a joke here? It seems that I usually do. ;-)
--
Michael MacClancy

G S Banner <[email protected]> wrote:
>Some idiot's still deleting the attribution lines.
>>I was responding to the use of the word "bigotry" in article
>><[email protected]>, written by Michael MacClancy.
>We've been over this, and you still don't get it. Berk.

Insults will not make it easier to lie to me about the content of _my own_ articles. I know
what they say.

>>>BTW for someone who claims "I do not think highly of people who misuse punctuation." you should
>>>reflect on your incorrect use of quotation marks around my name.
>>It's not incorrect when I think you might be a sock puppet.
>Got a source for that rule of punctuation?

Fowler.

marks
> >>It's not incorrect when I think you might be a sock puppet.
> >Got a source for that rule of punctuation?
>
> Fowler.
> --

Page?