Babies (and Sunday riders) in cycling lanes...

Volnix

Feb 19, 2011
Without further delay.... Brough to the most "non biased" and "cool headed" category: "The soapbox"...

Is the topic:

"Babies (and Sunday riders) in cycling lanes..."

So they are well dangerous. They dont really cycle and damn do they slow us down (at best).

Legally its a grey area, since they are using bicycles. But would they use the roads with a toy electric car? Would the Sunday riders go to a tour or excursion?

No they f@ckin' wouldn't...

Anyone agrees that they should'nt use cycling infastructure???

Dats it...
big-smile.png

The more people who use the cycling lanes for cycling the more mainstream accepts them... No need to be elitist Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doss said:
The more people who use the cycling lanes for cycling the more mainstream accepts them... No need to be elitist Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. If they're pedaling that's all that matters, but good luck getting the Euro bigot, Volnix, to understand that. Perhaps since he's so speedy he should be riding elsewhere.

Originally Posted by doss

The more people who use the cycling lanes for cycling the more mainstream accepts them... No need to be elitist
So you prefer using the road with the cars and the traffic lights instead of using a speedy cycling lane because its overrun with babies in tricycles and skates and some dangerous imbalanced riders?

Maybe they should use a park or something and not the cycling lanes...
nerd.png

I prefer having some bike lanes available to me. Yes sometimes there is someone slower in my lane and just as when I am driving I get annoyed and then punch it when it is safe and pass them. Living in Salt Lake there are not a ton of bike lanes, I appreciate them where they are or I take the lane but I am not about to remove even a single rider from using those lanes as they were hard earned by the cycling community and if they are not used they will be lost and the more they are used the more we can work at getting more.

Good luck in your quest to remove the populations that you don't like from using your drinking fountain :p

Good luck in your quest to remove the populations that you don't like from using your drinking fountain :p
Weeell thank you...
big-smile.png

Next time I will have to do a 15m radius pass on a baby with a tricycle or scooter or will have to brake at the (very) last minute on a rider that is braking suddenly to pick up some sunblock from the backpack... Thats what I will think... That they keep the cycling lanes busy... Busy for everybody... Cyclists and pedestrians alike...
evil.png
big-smile.png

I'm sorry that you feel that it is necessary to give a 15m berth to pass. I would suggest working on your handling skills so that you are better able to adjust to the conditions around you if you are finding it that difficult to maneuver in traffic. I am sure you can find some good handling skills exercises if you search the internet for them.

I'm sorry that you feel that it is necessary to give a 15m berth to pass. I would suggest working on your handling skills so that you are better able to adjust to the conditions around you if you are finding it that difficult to maneuver in traffic. I am sure you can find some good handling skills exercises if you search the internet for them.
I am suspecting that you never were behind a baby with a scooter, or bike or tricycle.
They tend to crash every once in a while. When they crash they usually make another 10m to a random direction before.

Originally Posted by Volnix
I am suspecting that you never were behind a baby with a scooter, or bike or tricycle.
They tend to crash every once in a while. When they crash they usually make another 10m to a random direction before.
I have two little girls and have ridden behind them while they have been on all of those things.. Observing surroundings, learning how to maneuver and some patience solve your complains and still allow you to share with your fellow cyclists :).. heck all of those skills have improved my cross racing ability too :)