Bacchetta Corsa questions...(was Re: Gold Rush (or Ti Rush) v. Bacchetta Aero )

Status
Not open for further replies.
"EZ Biker :-\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<d_Agb.695815$YN5.566977@sccrnsc01>...
> Mike the IMPORTANT THING is to get the CORRECT size frame that can accommodate your size, legs,
> arm reach etc. The Aero does have an adjuster plate that is attached to the frame, with about 10+
> adjustment holes. You can move the seat front or back and this does allow for you to better tweak
> your body, where you can properly reach the fixed front riser. Bacchetta is also coming out with
> another Aero type of bike the "Basso" (See STP at BROL website) that appears to include the
> adjustable handlebar front riser. So any small leg / arm reach issues should be solved for those
> wanting an Aero style of bike.

But doesn't the Aero only come in 2 frame sizes? Riders come in more than 2 sizes so I would think
there will still be some riders that don't find either size to be a ideal fit. I am confused about
what you say about the seay adjustment. Is this the fore and aft adjustment and if so, do you not
want it set for prober leg extension instead of handlebar position?

When I recline the seat angle on my Baron from the highest to lowest position' I have to extend the
crank boom to maintain proper leg extension for pedaling. On an Aero you woud have to move the seat
back but if you where already at the limit of where you could comfortably reach the bars, you would
need to move the seat forward to maintain your grip on the bars,not back. Moving the seat back would
just compound the problem of the bars being too far forward.

Because of this, it appears that the seat angle and fore and aft position are determined on how the
ride fits the frame and therefore limited. especially the seat angle. It just seems to me that some
adjustment in the riser angle would give much more flexibility in seeting up the bike on an
individual basis.

Harry

Mike I believe (My personal opinion now) the Basso was developed for those with shorter limbs in
mind. Alot of people still like or prefer a two size wheel setup. I'm not one of them anymore as
I'm completely satisfied with the duel 26 wheel setup. EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta
Aero Pilot)

"Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "EZ Biker :-\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<d_Agb.695815$YN5.566977@sccrnsc01>...
> Also, does this mean that having 2 big wheels is no big deal!
>
> Just an observation.
>
> Mike

[email protected] (Mike) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "EZ Biker :-\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<d_Agb.695815$YN5.566977@sccrnsc01>...
> Bacchetta is
> > also coming out with another Aero type of bike the "Basso" (See STP at BROL website) that
> > appears to include the adjustable handlebar front riser.
>
> The Basso looks like a Barcroft "wannabe". Except, the Barcroft has a longer wheel base so it
> should handle a little better at speed. If you get the Barcroft with the carbon seat, I think
> it'll weigh about 24 - 25 lbs. I also think it's a lot less expensive!.
>
> Also, does this mean that having 2 big wheels is no big deal!
>
> Just an observation.
>
> Mike

Considering that Mark Colliton had a hand, if not more, in designing BOTH bikes (not to mention
several more SWB bikes that are on the market)I find it hard to categorize the Basso as a "wannabe".

And no this does not say that having two big wheels is "no big deal". What it says is, that
depending upon the size of the rider, this may be a better route to go then trying to fit on a bike
that is not properly sized for you.

Pat McShane

bill g <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I use VRex riser and a very narrow custom Evo type bar.
>

Thanks, Bill. Was this so you could recline the seat more and still not lose contact with the bars
or was it because you were not comfortable with the tweener bars and superman riding position?

Harry

[email protected] (Truestorys) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (harryo) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
> >
> > Thanks, Mike. This is exactly what I was getting at but no one seems to want to address it.
>
> Yea, nobody wants to discuss a non-problem.

So you are saying that anyone can fit perfectly on an Aero and still adjust the seat recline as low
as they wish, without having problems reaching the bars. Interesting because I have heard a few Aero
owners claim otherwise. They must be mistaken.

I also find it interesting that some Bacchetta owners can not participate in an objective discussion
about bike setup questions from interested parties. As an interested party who is considering how a
Bacchetta might fit me, I find it not at all helpful to have Bacchetta owners blow off my inquiries
with responses which imply Bacchettas are perfect and that is all I need to know. Such responses put
me off from considering a Bacchetta more than they convince me that my concerns are unfounded and I
should just buy one an not worry about
it.

Thanks, again to Rich Pinto for a more objective, knowledgeable answer.

Harry

[email protected] (harryo) wrote in message

> > Yea, nobody wants to discuss a non-problem.
>
> So you are saying that anyone can fit perfectly on an Aero and still adjust the seat recline as
> low as they wish,

No.

Anyone and everyone is a very large Universe.

But the problem you describe is almost non-existent. A percentage I would throw at it is maybe 3%.
At the most, when I squeeze my brain really hard to think about it, maybe, maybe 5%. And I feel that
number is too high.

I think the Handle bar thing is more personal choice than the ability to reach the handlebars. Sure,
if you can't reach the bars, you're not going to ride down the street very far, so you've got to
come up with a different solution.

Before I became an Aero Zealot, I thought this Superman hand position thing, might be wrong. It was
so not like what I had been riding before. Therefore it was probably not right. But I gave the Aero
bars a chance and now I love them and never going back to my Rans type bar, that I could pull up to
my chest and just rest my arms on. I never really held onto the bar, just threw my arms over and
rode. But again, I think this boils down to personal choice more than body type.

>> I also find it interesting that some Bacchetta owners can not
participate in an objective discussion<<

Yea, some of those OTHER Bacchetta owners can't. And I feel sorry for them. <g>

And I never consider for one second that you were considering buying a Corsa. I thought (how stupid
of me) that you had moved from one Aero bashing post, to a Corsa/Aero bashing post. How could I get
that so wrong?

I don't see a Baron man moving up to such a tall bike. You'd get like a nose bleed for 3 or 4 weeks
if you did that.

Don

Harry, perhaps you should consider subscribing to the Yahoo Bacchetta Group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bacchetta_Bikes/

This is a site specifically setup for Bacchetta Owners and wanna be's. WISH I could be more
informative about your requested information, BUT I'm not really into the Technical aspects of
setup, gearing etc. I just like to plant my FAT As... on my Aero and RIDE! I'm sure there's quite a
few at the Bacchetta Yahoo Site that would LOVE to indulge you with the finer technical aspects of
any kind of Bacchetta bike. EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"harryo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I also find it interesting that some Bacchetta owners can not participate in an objective
> discussion about bike setup questions from interested parties.

[email protected] (Truestorys) wrote in message
>
> But the problem you describe is almost non-existent. A percentage I would throw at it is maybe 3%.
> At the most, when I squeeze my brain really hard to think about it, maybe, maybe 5%. And I feel
> that number is too high.

And these numbers come from what source?

> Before I became an Aero Zealot, I thought this Superman hand position thing, might be wrong. It
> was so not like what I had been riding before. Therefore it was probably not right. But I gave the
> Aero bars a chance and now I love them and never going back to my Rans type bar, that I could pull
> up to my chest and just rest my arms on. I never really held onto the bar, just threw my arms over
> and rode. But again, I think this boils down to personal choice more than body type.

Again, you seem to not grasp what I am actually talking about, which is not the Superman riding
position, but that it appears to me, and has been confirmed by several other Aero owners, that the
recline of the seat is limited to the point where one loses contact with the bars, or more simply,
the legth of one's arms and/or torso. Rich Pinto didn't deny this, as you appear to be doing, but
explained what could be done about it when it does happen and why an extreme laid back seat position
may not be desirable in the overall balance of all setup factors of the bike. I understand this and
thank Rich again for actually giving me some useful information.

> And I never consider for one second that you were considering buying a Corsa. I thought (how
> stupid of me) that you had moved from one Aero bashing post, to a Corsa/Aero bashing post. How
> could I get that so wrong?

I'm not sure how you got that so wrong but maybe it is because you don't seem to be able to look at
anything objectively. Could you please refresh my mind about any Aero bashing that I actually did
because I'm completely unaware of it? I posed a couple of questions I had about bike setup, which
were the result of my own observations and some more objective Aero owners, and thought it would be
possible to have open and objective discussion about them. Apparently, you feel any question about
an Aero is bashing.

Perhaps, you are referring to my disbelief of instant speed increases and are still ****** off about
that. I certainly wouldn't term that as Aero bashing. Perhaps it could be viewed as bashing of some
irrational Aero owners but I would term it more of a question of the credibility of some Aero
owners, something you continue to reinforce.

> I don't see a Baron man moving up to such a tall bike. You'd get like a nose bleed for 3 or 4
> weeks if you did that.

I appreciate humor as much as anyone, but when I repeatedly attempt to obtain some usable
information and all one does is repeatedly answer with nonsense, I find it rather tedious.

Harry

"EZ Biker :-\)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<bJdhb.527815$Oz4.400724@rwcrnsc54>...
> Harry, perhaps you should consider subscribing to the Yahoo Bacchetta Group.
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bacchetta_Bikes/
>
> This is a site specifically setup for Bacchetta Owners and wanna be's. WISH I could be more
> informative about your requested information, BUT I'm not really into the Technical aspects of
> setup, gearing etc. I just like to plant my FAT As... on my Aero and RIDE! I'm sure there's quite
> a few at the Bacchetta Yahoo Site that would LOVE to indulge you with the finer technical aspects
> of any kind of Bacchetta bike.

I have actually been monitoring the Yahoo Bacchetta group and frankly, I have doubts that I would
find any better answers there. Because of the distinct probability of raising the misguided wrath of
some of those list members, that's all I have to sy about that.

Harry

GEEZE Harry, I was merely trying to offer a HELPFUL suggestion as to where you might be able to get
some useful feedback on your sought after information. BUT you seem to already have dismissed the
specific bike group as useless to your needs. Funny, I subscribe to that group and I've never seen
you post there, with any questions. So honestly, how can you even arrive at the conclusion, that
it's a useless information source, when you've never have asked it a question? To be perfectly
honest, perhaps you should get over to a LBS, plant your REAR on some bikes, take them for test
rides and draw any conclusions you have, based on your OWN hands on use of the bike. If you find the
bike to your liking, move forward with it; if not, stay with your present bike and be happy. EZ
Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)

"harryo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have actually been monitoring the Yahoo Bacchetta group and frankly, I have doubts that I would
> find any better answers there. Because of the distinct probability of raising the misguided wrath
> of some of those list members, that's all I have to sy about that.
>
> Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.