Bacchetta Giro 20 report.

I just got my first recumbent, a Giro 20 with the Euromesh seat. So far
I really like it, except for the shifting. The seat is very
comfortable. I was worried about the tweener bars hitting my knees, but
that tuned out to be a non issue. The riser adjustment on the stem
allows you to get the bars up really high if you want. It's not really
necessary though since the bars are much wider than I thought. I was
also happy with the fact that I can go down gravelly dirt roads without
too much trouble. I thought I might need wider tires, but the 1.25"
seems like it works pretty well.

The only trouble I'm having is with the shifting with the rear
cassette. If I adjust it so that it will shift down to all the lower
rings it won't shift back up them. If I adjust it to shift up to all
the higher rings then it won't shift down. Someone told me to put the
cassette on the smallest ring and then make sure all the slack is out
of the cable. I'm going to try that. If that doesn't work then I'll
adjust it so that it shifts down to the lower rings. To shift up I'll
just over shift and then shift back down. Eventually I'll probably get
some sort of friction shifter.

In alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent on 10 Oct 2006 08:47:06 -0700
[email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

> I just got my first recumbent, a Giro 20 with the Euromesh seat. So far
> I really like it, except for the shifting. The seat is very

Hey, I love mine!

For shifting, see www.parktool.com which has a good guide on sorting
your shifting. It is probably the limit screws that are the problem
not the cable.

Zebee

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
> In alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent on 10 Oct 2006 08:47:06 -0700
> [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I just got my first recumbent, a Giro 20 with the Euromesh seat. So far
>>I really like it, except for the shifting. The seat is very

> Hey, I love mine!
>
> For shifting, see www.parktool.com which has a good guide on sorting
> your shifting. It is probably the limit screws that are the problem
> not the cable.

Or dare I say the local bike shop that "setup" the bike is the problem :-/.

--
I do not accept unsolicited commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
legitimate replies.