Bacchetta Giro Sizing

Baronn1

Guest
OK, I would greatly appreciate any and all data provided. I've read from more than one source here
in the past that regarding the Giro, the only difference in frame sizes from samll to standard or
medium, and from standard or medium to large, is an additional 1/2" of boom length from each size to
the next larger frame size. "My wife's" small Giro's boom measures 11.5, from the center of the head
tube to the center of the bottom bracket. I'd expect a standard to measure 12" and a large to
measure 12.5" The used bike I just bought measures 13". I'm measuring both bike with a tape held at
the center of the crank bolt to a point on the centerline of the monotube and on the center line of
the head tube. This bike has 170mm cranks, "my wife's" has 165s.

I'd greatly appreciate it if any of you Giro owners would post this measurement from your own bike,
plus the crank length, and what size your bike is (or is supposed to be). Thanks.

Paul

OK, I would greatly appreciate any and all data provided. I've read from more than one source here
in the past that regarding the Giro, the only difference in frame sizes from samll to standard or
medium, and from standard or medium to large, is an additional 1/2" of boom length from each size to
the next larger frame size. "My wife's" small Giro's boom measures 11.5, from the center of the head
tube to the center of the bottom bracket. I'd expect a standard to measure 12" and a large to
measure 12.5" The used bike I just bought measures 13". I'm measuring both bike with a tape held at
the center of the crank bolt to a point on the centerline of the monotube and on the center line of
the head tube. This bike has 170mm cranks, "my wife's" has 165s.

I'd greatly appreciate it if any of you Giro owners would post this measurement from your own bike,
plus the crank length, and what size your bike is (or is supposed to be). Thanks.

Paul

> OK, I would greatly appreciate any and all data provided. I've read from more than one source here
> in the past that regarding the Giro, the only difference in frame sizes from samll to standard or
> medium, and from standard or medium to large, is an additional 1/2" of boom length from each size
> to the next larger frame size. "My wife's" small Giro's boom measures 11.5, from the center of the
> head tube to the center of the bottom bracket. I'd expect a standard to measure 12" and a large to
> measure 12.5" The used bike I just bought measures 13". I'm measuring both bike with a tape held
> at the center of the crank bolt to a point on the centerline of the monotube and on the center
> line of the head tube. This bike has 170mm cranks, "my wife's" has 165s.
>
> I'd greatly appreciate it if any of you Giro owners would post this measurement from your own
> bike, plus the crank length, and what size your bike is (or is supposed to be). Thanks.

If the cranks are stock it must be a Standard. If I told you 11.5 for a standard, I must have been
off in my measurement. Tonight I read 12.5"

It is easy enough to contact John Schlitter to get a definite answer.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

> OK, I would greatly appreciate any and all data provided. I've read from more than one source here
> in the past that regarding the Giro, the only difference in frame sizes from samll to standard or
> medium, and from standard or medium to large, is an additional 1/2" of boom length from each size
> to the next larger frame size. "My wife's" small Giro's boom measures 11.5, from the center of the
> head tube to the center of the bottom bracket. I'd expect a standard to measure 12" and a large to
> measure 12.5" The used bike I just bought measures 13". I'm measuring both bike with a tape held
> at the center of the crank bolt to a point on the centerline of the monotube and on the center
> line of the head tube. This bike has 170mm cranks, "my wife's" has 165s.
>
> I'd greatly appreciate it if any of you Giro owners would post this measurement from your own
> bike, plus the crank length, and what size your bike is (or is supposed to be). Thanks.

If the cranks are stock it must be a Standard. If I told you 11.5 for a standard, I must have been
off in my measurement. Tonight I read 12.5"

It is easy enough to contact John Schlitter to get a definite answer.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

> > I'd greatly appreciate it if any of you Giro owners would post this measurement from your own
> > bike, plus the crank length, and what size your bike is (or is supposed to be). Thanks.
>
> If the cranks are stock it must be a Standard. If I told you 11.5 for a standard, I must have been
> off in my measurement. Tonight I read 12.5"
>
> It is easy enough to contact John Schlitter to get a definite answer.

Actually, here is what I emailed: My bike is a Standard. The information that I got from John
Schlitter is that all dimensions are the same on all Giro except the following: CrankArm C/L
HeadTube to BB C/L (Boom Length) Small 165mm 12.5(?) Std 170mm 13" Large 175mm 13.5(?)

Looks like you are measuring a definite standard Giro.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> CrankArm C/L HeadTube to BB C/L (Boom
> Length) Small 165mm 12.5(?) Std 170mm 13" Large 175mm 13.5(?) (15")
>
> Looks like you are measuring a definite standard Giro.

Cletus, your chart is correct EXCEPT the large Giro is a 15" boom.

John

Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> CrankArm C/L HeadTube to BB C/L (Boom
> Length) Small 165mm 12.5(?) Std 170mm 13" Large 175mm 13.5(?) (15")
>
> Looks like you are measuring a definite standard Giro.

Cletus, your chart is correct EXCEPT the large Giro is a 15" boom.

John

Thank you both, it appears as this is a standard Giro.

"John" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> >> CrankArm C/L HeadTube to BB C/L (Boom
> > Length) Small 165mm 12.5(?) Std 170mm 13" Large 175mm 13.5(?) (15")
> >
> > Looks like you are measuring a definite standard Giro.
>
> Cletus, your chart is correct EXCEPT the large Giro is a 15" boom.
>
> John

Thank you both, it appears as this is a standard Giro.

"John" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> >> CrankArm C/L HeadTube to BB C/L (Boom
> > Length) Small 165mm 12.5(?) Std 170mm 13" Large 175mm 13.5(?) (15")
> >
> > Looks like you are measuring a definite standard Giro.
>
> Cletus, your chart is correct EXCEPT the large Giro is a 15" boom.
>
> John

Originally posted by Baronn1
[...]

Bacchetta Giro Web Page
http://x-eyed.com/giro1.html
Sizes as follows, measured from post above crank to end of beam:
Small: 11.5 inch
Medium: 13 inch
Large: 15 inch

If you are over six feet tall with an inseam of 31 or more, get the Large. I am 6'2", inseam 32. The Large fits like a dream, centering me better on the frame than the Medium which I originally test rode before ordering the large frame.
My first recumbent after thirty years of road cycling and a herniated cervical disc earlier this year. My ability to ride has been renewed with the road speed equal to now-mothballed road bike, great maneuverability and supreme comfort.