bacchetta strada cassette problems

thetmqdoc

Jul 20, 2007
Has anyone had problems with their strada cassette? When I spin mine fast a couple sprockets look like snakes not nice and straight. I cannot get the derailuer to set. Either the first 3 gears shift fine and then it skips two gears at a time or the bottom gears shift fine and the chain ends up in second or first when the gear selector is in third or second. In the middle gears it just shifts up and down at will. It is good training going between cadence of 65-105 depending on which gear it skips to. LOL! I just ordered a new sram 990 cassette so that portion can be ruled out. Do you guys thing that will fix the problem. I layed the bike over on the right side the first night hitting a crack near the curb. I shaved the shifter and the deraileur but it appears straight.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

tmq

Well I think I solved the problem. I have a pg-990, X.0 rear derailleur and shifters in the mail. :) That ought to do it right. :cool:

thetmqdoc said:
Well I think I solved the problem. I have a pg-990, X.0 rear derailleur and shifters in the mail. :) That ought to do it right. :cool:
Maybe I got lucky but I never had your problem, sounds like your original cassette may have been a bit defective.
I got a 2nd set of wheels to use as training wheels since the roads I ride on are rough, and I ordered a pg-990 for the 2nd rear wheel. It works fine. I didn't have to swap out the rear derailleur or shifter. You might want to try asking this on the bacchetta forum at bacchettabikes.com or contact their tech support.