Bachetta Aero frame weight?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Anyone know how much a frame for someone 6 foot 3 would weigh? Just the bare frame. I should mail
    the company I guess but trying here first. ;-)

    cheers Mikael

    Tags:

  2. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Mikael Seierup wrote:

    > Anyone know how much a frame for someone 6 foot 3 would weigh? Just the bare frame. I should mail
    > the company I guess but trying here first. ;-)

    Before anyone can tell you what the actual weight of the Aero frame will be, they will need to
    know the gravitational conditions under which you will be using the frame. I suggest asking for
    its mass instead.

  3. Review Boy

    Review Boy Guest

    Mikael -

    If you get nothing but wisecracks to your question in alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent, you might have
    better luck in Yahoo's Bacchetta group at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bacchetta_Bikes/

    Regards, Ralph

    > Anyone know how much a frame for someone 6 foot 3 would weigh? Just the bare frame. I should mail
    > the company I guess but trying here
    first. ;-)

    > cheers Mikael

  4. Rcpinto

    Rcpinto Guest

    >Anyone know how much a frame for someone 6 foot 3 would weigh? Just the bare frame. I should mail
    >the company I guess but trying here first. ;-)
    >
    >cheers Mikael

    Hi Mikael

    About 3.5 lbs bare frame, without the seat plate...about 4.1 lbs with.

    Thanks for asking ;<)

    Rich Pinto
    Bacchetta Bicycles

  5. George

    George Guest

    Hi Rich,

    Now that we have established the weight of the Aero frame with the seat plate, how much more does my
    powdercoated Strada/Corsa frame weigh with the just plastic clamp that holds the seat to the frame?

    Still trying to justify buying the Aero while I'm young enough to ride as fast as it should be
    ridden - but thinking I just need to work on the motor more instead! But I'd rather do both!

    They're both great bikes!

    George

  6. John Foltz

    John Foltz Guest

    Tom Sherman wrote:
    > Mikael Seierup wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know how much a frame for someone 6 foot 3 would weigh? Just the bare frame. I should
    >> mail the company I guess but trying here first. ;-)
    >

    > Before anyone can tell you what the actual weight of the Aero frame will be, they will need to
    > know the gravitational conditions under which you will be using the frame. I suggest asking for
    > its mass instead.

    Point taken, but it's probably a good bet that it will be used on planet Earth, in terrestrial
    (not aquatic) conditions; i.e. 1 G and 1 atmosphere. Or does someone on this list regularly ride
    on the Moon?
    --

    John Foltz --- O _ Baron --- _O _ V-Rex 24 --- _\\/\-%)

  7. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    John Foltz wrote:

    > Tom Sherman wrote:
    > > Mikael Seierup wrote:
    > >
    > >> Anyone know how much a frame for someone 6 foot 3 would weigh? Just the bare frame. I should
    > >> mail the company I guess but trying here first. ;-)
    > >

    > > Before anyone can tell you what the actual weight of the Aero frame will be, they will need to
    > > know the gravitational conditions under which you will be using the frame. I suggest asking for
    > > its mass instead.
    > >
    > Point taken, but it's probably a good bet that it will be used on planet Earth, in terrestrial
    > (not aquatic) conditions; i.e. 1 G and 1 atmosphere. Or does someone on this list regularly ride
    > on the Moon?

    < http://www.ransbikes.com/Gallery/Archive/Thomas.htm >

  8. George

    George Guest

    Hi Rich,

    Yes, I'm the same George Davis.

    Got the Spartacus Pro's, 145 PSI Stelvios, and 11/23 cassette the week after I got back from
    Stevens Point. Going to pick up what I hope is the Aero bar from a guy with a Corsa who changed the
    bar to a Rans bar.

    Thanks to you and Jude for all the help dialing in the bike. Meant to send you an email to thank you
    but have not gotten to it. I was waiting to see how shortening the riser went first. After dropping
    the stem down at the MRR, I found that the clamp was putting a lot of pressue on the cap for the
    star-fangled nut and pushing it off center. Turned the clamp around a few days ago. That lets the
    stem come back just a tad more, and now I'm just clearing my knees/shins so I don't think I'm going
    to cut the riser to make it shorter after all. I've had some comments since then that the bike and I
    are a tad quicker that a few weeks ago. I don't think a lot quicker, but every bit helps.

    Are you guys going to come up here for the Hilly Hundred in October? How about considering the RAIN
    next July? 160 miles, usually on the second Saturday in July, form the Illinois State line near
    Terre Haute to Richmond In, a few miles from the Ohio border. An excellent ride I think as long as
    the weather is not to darn hot. Last two years were pretty decent. Even had a slight (~ 4 - 6 mph)
    quartering tail wind part of the way this year.

    Thanks again for the suggestions on setting up the bike!

    George