back from vacation

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Bird, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Bird

    Bird Guest

    I am back and happy to report a whopping whoosh of 7# loss in one week, on vacation! Had the
    greatest time of my life and it did not revolve around what I was eating. I remained so in control
    and actually lost my appetite while I was there. I am hoping to take some of the habits I formed
    while away and apply them to my home life. Looking forward to reading your posts and seeing how
    everyone is doing. I am not sure if I will get to a meeting before my usual Thursday weigh in. I may
    have to wait until then to get the official loss. But for now I sign Bird need to lose 36#

    Tags:

  2. Krys

    Krys Guest

    let me get this straight........a great loss, a great vacation, all in one
    week? Totally Awesome! Well done you :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/130.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...kinda making progress...

    "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am back and happy to report a whopping whoosh of 7# loss in one week, on vacation! Had the
    > greatest time of my life and it did not revolve around what I was eating. I remained so in control
    > and actually lost my appetite while I was there. I am hoping to take some of the habits I formed
    > while away and apply them to my home life. Looking forward to reading your
    posts
    > and seeing how everyone is doing. I am not sure if I will get to a
    meeting
    > before my usual Thursday weigh in. I may have to wait until then to get
    the
    > official loss. But for now I sign Bird need to lose 36#

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    That's quite a vacation loss. Do you spend time in a spa or an internment camp?

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:46:02 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am back and happy to report a whopping whoosh of 7# loss in one week, on vacation! Had the
    >greatest time of my life and it did not revolve around what I was eating. I remained so in control
    >and actually lost my appetite while I was there. I am hoping to take some of the habits I formed
    >while away and apply them to my home life. Looking forward to reading your posts and seeing how
    >everyone is doing. I am not sure if I will get to a meeting before my usual Thursday weigh in. I
    >may have to wait until then to get the official loss. But for now I sign Bird need to lose 36#

  4. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Bird:

    That is wonderful, magical!! Congrats on an excellent vacation!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5

    bird wrote:
    > I am back and happy to report a whopping whoosh of 7# loss in one week, on vacation! Had the
    > greatest time of my life and it did not revolve around what I was eating. I remained so in control
    > and actually lost my appetite while I was there. I am hoping to take some of the habits I formed
    > while away and apply them to my home life. Looking forward to reading your posts and seeing how
    > everyone is doing. I am not sure if I will get to a meeting before my usual Thursday weigh in. I
    > may have to wait until then to get the official loss. But for now I sign Bird need to lose 36#

  5. excellent, I am happy for you, Lee
    bird <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am back and happy to report a whopping whoosh of 7# loss in one week, on vacation! Had the
    > greatest time of my life and it did not revolve around what I was eating. I remained so in control
    > and actually lost my appetite while I was there. I am hoping to take some of the habits I formed
    > while away and apply them to my home life. Looking forward to reading your
    posts
    > and seeing how everyone is doing. I am not sure if I will get to a
    meeting
    > before my usual Thursday weigh in. I may have to wait until then to get
    the
    > official loss. But for now I sign Bird need to lose 36#

  6. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Welcome back, Bird! Sounds like you had a great holiday, and wow what an awesome whoosh!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am back and happy to report a whopping whoosh of 7# loss in one week, on vacation! Had the
    > greatest time of my life and it did not revolve around what I was eating. I remained so in control
    > and actually lost my appetite while I was there. I am hoping to take some of the habits I formed
    > while away and apply them to my home life. Looking forward to reading your
    posts
    > and seeing how everyone is doing. I am not sure if I will get to a
    meeting
    > before my usual Thursday weigh in. I may have to wait until then to get
    the
    > official loss. But for now I sign Bird need to lose 36#

  7. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    So let me get this straight...the whoosh fairy can find you on vacation? Great job!

    Julie

    "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am back and happy to report a whopping whoosh of 7# loss in one week, on vacation! Had the
    > greatest time of my life and it did not revolve around what I was eating. I remained so in control
    > and actually lost my appetite while I was there. I am hoping to take some of the habits I formed
    > while away and apply them to my home life. Looking forward to reading your
    posts
    > and seeing how everyone is doing. I am not sure if I will get to a
    meeting
    > before my usual Thursday weigh in. I may have to wait until then to get
    the
    > official loss. But for now I sign Bird need to lose 36#

  8. If you published how you managed to accomplish this, you'd be rich. Can you imagine the promo copy?
    Lose 7 lbs in 7 days WHILE on vacation.

    Congrats.

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:46:02 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am back and happy to report a whopping whoosh of 7# loss in one week, on vacation! Had the
    >greatest time of my life and it did not revolve around what I was eating. I remained so in control
    >and actually lost my appetite while I was there. I am hoping to take some of the habits I formed
    >while away and apply them to my home life. Looking forward to reading your posts and seeing how
    >everyone is doing. I am not sure if I will get to a meeting before my usual Thursday weigh in. I
    >may have to wait until then to get the official loss. But for now I sign Bird need to lose 36#

    Prairie Roots
    232/161/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  9. lol, Lee
    Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:jhmv30h8qttqvm01al8vj[email protected]...
    > If you published how you managed to accomplish this, you'd be rich. Can you imagine the promo
    > copy? Lose 7 lbs in 7 days WHILE on vacation.
    >
    > Congrats.
    >
    > On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:46:02 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I am back and happy to report a whopping whoosh of 7# loss in one week,
    on
    > >vacation! Had the greatest time of my life and it did not revolve around what I was eating. I
    > >remained so in control and actually lost my
    appetite
    > >while I was there. I am hoping to take some of the habits I formed while away and apply them to
    > >my home life. Looking forward to reading your
    posts
    > >and seeing how everyone is doing. I am not sure if I will get to a
    meeting
    > >before my usual Thursday weigh in. I may have to wait until then to get
    the
    > >official loss. But for now I sign Bird need to lose 36#
    > >

    > Prairie Roots
    > 232/161/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  10. Bird

    Bird Guest

    LOL. Actually, being in a swim suit surrounded by beautiful people was a
    huge incentive. The best compliment came when I was asked by someone how
    come I wasn't in a two piece! Imagine, 30 some pounds over weight and
    someone thought I was atractive! Again, another incentive.
    Bird
    need to lose 36#
    > That's quite a vacation loss. Do you spend time in a spa or an internment camp?
    >
    > On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:46:02 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I am back and happy to report a whopping whoosh of 7# loss in one week,
    on
    > >vacation! Had the greatest time of my life and it did not revolve around what I was eating. I
    > >remained so in control and actually lost my
    appetite
    > >while I was there. I am hoping to take some of the habits I formed while away and apply them to
    > >my home life. Looking forward to reading your
    posts
    > >and seeing how everyone is doing. I am not sure if I will get to a
    meeting
    > >before my usual Thursday weigh in. I may have to wait until then to get
    the
    > >official loss. But for now I sign Bird need to lose 36#

  11. Bird

    Bird Guest

    lol
    Another odd piece of the story is I drank! A Pina Colada must be in the ad!
    "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:jhmv30h8qttqvm01al8[email protected]...
    > If you published how you managed to accomplish this, you'd be rich. Can you imagine the promo
    > copy? Lose 7 lbs in 7 days WHILE on vacation.
    >
    > Congrats.
    >
    > On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:46:02 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I am back and happy to report a whopping whoosh of 7# loss in one week,
    on
    > >vacation! Had the greatest time of my life and it did not revolve around what I was eating. I
    > >remained so in control and actually lost my
    appetite
    > >while I was there. I am hoping to take some of the habits I formed while away and apply them to
    > >my home life. Looking forward to reading your
    posts
    > >and seeing how everyone is doing. I am not sure if I will get to a
    meeting
    > >before my usual Thursday weigh in. I may have to wait until then to get
    the
    > >official loss. But for now I sign Bird need to lose 36#
    > >

    > Prairie Roots
    > 232/161/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  12. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Sounds like a NSV to me. And if it takes incentive, so be it. I saw your detailed method down below.
    It sounds as if you found a very successful way to vacation, enjoy it and stick with the program.

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:26:35 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >LOL. Actually, being in a swim suit surrounded by beautiful people was a huge incentive. The best
    >compliment came when I was asked by someone how come I wasn't in a two piece! Imagine, 30 some
    >pounds over weight and someone thought I was atractive! Again, another incentive. Bird need to lose
    >36# "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> That's quite a vacation loss. Do you spend time in a spa or an internment camp?
    >>
    >> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:46:02 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I am back and happy to report a whopping whoosh of 7# loss in one week,
    >on
    >> >vacation! Had the greatest time of my life and it did not revolve around what I was eating. I
    >> >remained so in control and actually lost my
    >appetite
    >> >while I was there. I am hoping to take some of the habits I formed while away and apply them to
    >> >my home life. Looking forward to reading your
    >posts
    >> >and seeing how everyone is doing. I am not sure if I will get to a
    >meeting
    >> >before my usual Thursday weigh in. I may have to wait until then to get
    >the
    >> >official loss. But for now I sign Bird need to lose 36#

  13. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    WOW Bird... 7 pounds lost is amazing! Keep goin'!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172

    "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am back and happy to report a whopping whoosh of 7# loss in one week, on vacation! Had the
    > greatest time of my life and it did not revolve around what I was eating. I remained so in control
    > and actually lost my appetite while I was there. I am hoping to take some of the habits I formed
    > while away and apply them to my home life. Looking forward to reading your
    posts
    > and seeing how everyone is doing. I am not sure if I will get to a
    meeting
    > before my usual Thursday weigh in. I may have to wait until then to get
    the
    > official loss. But for now I sign Bird need to lose 36#

  14. major NSV there, Lee
    bird <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > LOL. Actually, being in a swim suit surrounded by beautiful people was a huge incentive. The best
    > compliment came when I was asked by someone how come I wasn't in a two piece! Imagine, 30 some
    > pounds over weight and someone thought I was atractive! Again, another incentive. Bird need to
    > lose 36# "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > That's quite a vacation loss. Do you spend time in a spa or an internment camp?
    > >
    > > On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:46:02 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >I am back and happy to report a whopping whoosh of 7# loss in one week,
    > on
    > > >vacation! Had the greatest time of my life and it did not revolve
    around
    > > >what I was eating. I remained so in control and actually lost my
    > appetite
    > > >while I was there. I am hoping to take some of the habits I formed
    while
    > > >away and apply them to my home life. Looking forward to reading your
    > posts
    > > >and seeing how everyone is doing. I am not sure if I will get to a
    > meeting
    > > >before my usual Thursday weigh in. I may have to wait until then to
    get
    > the
    > > >official loss. But for now I sign Bird need to lose 36#

  15. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Wow Bird, I am impressed and in awe of you! 7 pounds gone! Now that is one heck of a whoosh.
    Congrats on such a terrific weighin, especially considering you were gone on vacation. Absolutely
    amazing. Keep up the great work.

    Joyce