..back in the day...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Dave, Jan 29, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    From: "James Hodson" <[email protected]> Subject: Re: Just had a look at the
    'Safespeed' site... Date: 27 January 2003 23:44

    On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 10:39:36 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 26 Jan 2003 00:08:24 +0000, James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>There's no time for us, There's no place for us,
    >
    >I always thought "don't lose your head" was nicely tasteless in context :)

    :-/ :)

    >I remember INXS being bottled when playing support to Queen at Wembley. Not as satisfying as Daphne
    >& Celeste being bottled off at Reading, though.....

    missed the earlier posts so please forgive the butchering of this one to make my reply relevant
    8-P... I remember the whole audience turning their backs on 'The Bangles' when they were playing
    support to Simple Minds at the Milton Keynes Bowl on a mid-summer concert. The girls had the cheek
    to ask if we'd ever heard of punk rock and this song of theirs was their contribution to
    punk...something about not liking Mondays. The only one's up the front cheering were the hormone
    addled youth who would've cheered anything even vaguely female, regardless of species ;-) Aaah, back
    in the day.... (Simple Minds were incredible, well worth the wait!) Dave

    Tags:

  2. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > I remember the whole audience turning their backs on 'The Bangles' when they were playing support
    > to Simple Minds at the Milton Keynes Bowl

    Oh dear, imagine being in the same place at the same time as the Binliners. That must have been
    harrowing.

    --
    Guy
    ===