Back in the saddle

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mattb, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    Not much new snow for a couple of weeks so I headed out to Hartman's to see how it was holding up. A
    little chilly on the way out but Kill Hill got me warmed up. I shedded some layers and rode Back of
    Beck's, Broken Shovel, Outback, took the jeep road beck toward the front and hit Rattlesnake and
    Beck's as the sun and temperature dropped quickly. Most of the singletrack was dry on one half and
    snow-covered on the other. The dry half was firm, fast, and tacky. The snowy half still wasn't bad
    if my line drifted into it. I spent three hours covering about 25 Miles. A beautiful day with only a
    few riders to share the trails with. Looks like some snow may be coming our way this week so I may
    need to get back on the skis. Until then I may need to get out there a couple more times. I forgot
    how fun it can be!

    Matt

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    MattB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Not much new snow for a couple of weeks so I headed out to Hartman's
    > see how it was holding up. A little chilly on the way out but Kill Hill
    got
    > me warmed up. I shedded some layers and rode Back of Beck's, Broken
    Shovel,
    > Outback, took the jeep road beck toward the front and hit Rattlesnake and Beck's as the sun and
    > temperature dropped quickly. Most of the singletrack was dry on one half and snow-covered on the
    > other. The dry half was firm, fast, and tacky. The snowy half still wasn't bad if my line drifted
    > into it. I spent three hours covering about 25
    Miles.
    > A beautiful day with only a few riders to share the trails with. Looks
    like
    > some snow may be coming our way this week so I may need to get back on the skis. Until then I may
    > need to get out there a couple more times. I forgot
    how
    > fun it can be!
    >
    > Matt

    Wales and the south have snow forecast for this week - hope some of it drifts off course.

    Shaun aRe -