Back in the woods !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
Been a fun week, Not. Being sick the last 6 days so I saw very little time on my bikes. Feeling a little better I figured I'd hit the woods for 2 hours. Even know I had no jump today it was great to be back on a bike.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Gee, that video made me salivate. As I had posted in some other threads, I have been missing my rides since I was disallowed to ride for more than 3 months already (due to a swelling of my leg). That video reminded me of my ride last year in the province of Batanes where the roads are hilly and there are hills fit for riding although some are dangerous because of the steep incline.

Consider yourself lucky mate!

I live in the UK so I'm not sure if it's just the UK, I'm sure it's not, but there are no forests in my area.

100% serious, nothing. It sucks really because that's probably my favourite area to be in, never ridden my bike through there though.

My bike rides usually consist of council estates, roads and more roads. It doesn't really bother me though.

Count your blessings my friend aha.

Nothing better that a ride through the woods to finally feel released from a recent illness recovery. Great video and pleasant track you rode there. I had a few chances to pick a mountain bike and ride across a road that leads to sheer wilderness. The wind howling, tree's leaves wiggling and birds singing. The nature's symphony

Be careful though. I have heard lots of stories and news about people actually setting trip wires on the forest trails, sometimes even on the NECK level, that would lethally injure any biker cruising through without being aware of their surroundings. Not to scare you or anything, but there are some really messed up people out there, and you have to be extra careful out there in the woods.

@OursIsTheFury It certainly happened several times in my country - rumors then completely overblown the scale of this, but I've personally seen one such a trap and I've known from trustworthy people about others. In this case I knew personally, people claimed somebody set it up to get rid of quad riders (they're becoming a plague in some rural areas), but the path was sometimes used by cyclists, too.

I live in the UK, and I'm lucky enough to have a country park with a forest nearby and I often ride there especially in the spring and summer.

Road riding is fun, but I agree that sometimes it's nice to get away from people for a while, and riding around there gives me the perfect opportunity to do that. I wouldn't recommend it in the winter or bad weather though, not unless you want to wash and detail your bike after every ride out!