Back into Cycling...

hallie-lk

Jul 14, 2004
...well not yet.
I was wondering what i should do to get back into cycling at a respectable fitness level, should i spend some hours on an indoor trainer?
I've been off for about a year or more now and I want to get back into it, but I dont want to lagg off the back and be a pain in the ass really.
So I was wondering what i could do, such as running, or swimming(which i have been doing a fair bit of) or anything else. Im 17 at the moment so it shouldnt be too hard to get back the fitness. :p

But I was just wondering if anyone had any ways in which too spring my fitness back into place among the other cyclists.

Ride Ride Ride.

If you have no base, then the indoor trainer cannot hurt, but try to get out and ride, initially just do some kms to get a good base in, then find some people to ride with to develop your skills and do speed work.

If you are 17 and in decent shape you should be doing ok relatively quickly!

Beats the heck out of staring at the wall on the trainer in your living room. ;)

Powerful Pete said:
Ride Ride Ride.

If you have no base, then the indoor trainer cannot hurt, but try to get out and ride, initially just do some kms to get a good base in, then find some people to ride with to develop your skills and do speed work.

If you are 17 and in decent shape you should be doing ok relatively quickly!

Beats the heck out of staring at the wall on the trainer in your living room. ;)

Thanks for the reply.
Well Im goin to the mountains in 2 weeks and im taking my bike, so i guess thats fixed lol :D ...
yeah so it is going to hurt, just gotta get on about 3 hours a day come bak recover and then take it back to an easier pace of riding, so i should hav some sort of base again... hopefully :rolleyes:

Remember, don't overdo it or you will get nowhere fast and risk some silly injury that would put you back even further. Start relatively light and move up (distance, time, intensity, whatever) gradually!

Have fun!