Back into recumbents

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Letjr, Apr 5, 2003.

  1. Letjr

    Letjr Guest

    Well folks, I've taken a dive back into recumbents. I stopped biking about 2 years ago (former
    Rocket and V2 owner) and go into weightlifting. I know, I weird combination. I just bought a V-rex
    on e-bay and am very excited to be back in business. What do you thing of the bike?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7298&item=3600971522&rd=1

    Looking to sell the fairing if anyone is interested.
    PS- really enjoy reading this message board, lots of great ideas and info! Happy trails! Larry

    Tags:

  2. letjr <[email protected]> wrote:
    : Well folks, I've taken a dive back into recumbents. I stopped biking about 2 years ago (former
    : Rocket and V2 owner) and go into weightlifting. I know, I weird combination. I just bought a
    : V-rex on

    How much do you do in the leg press? I rep 200 kg 16 times.

    Happy riding

  3. Dj Blag

    Dj Blag Guest

    Great bike, good luck with it!! Chas

  4. Baronn1

    Baronn1 Guest

    hmm..that's 4,409 pounds! no, wait 440.9 pounds. Well, you should be able to climb hills!

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > letjr <[email protected]> wrote:
    > : Well folks, I've taken a dive back into recumbents. I stopped biking about 2 years ago (former
    > : Rocket and V2 owner) and go into weightlifting. I know, I weird combination. I just bought a
    > : V-rex on
    >
    > How much do you do in the leg press? I rep 200 kg 16 times.
    >
    > Happy riding
    >
    > --
    > Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/ varis at no spam please iki fi

  5. Letjr

    Letjr Guest

    [email protected] wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > letjr <[email protected]> wrote:
    > : Well folks, I've taken a dive back into recumbents. I stopped biking about 2 years ago (former
    > : Rocket and V2 owner) and go into weightlifting. I know, I weird combination. I just bought a
    > : V-rex on
    >
    > How much do you do in the leg press? I rep 200 kg 16 times.
    >
    > Happy riding

    I was mostly into upper body building. And since I'm in the States, I lifted pounds lbs. ha-ha! I'd
    bench 235 lbs eleven times. That was the peak. Stop lifting and you get fat, trust me I know.

  6. Baronn1

    Baronn1 Guest

    Nah, recumbents and lifting go together great. I could never get comfortably down onto drop bars on
    a df, even using the widest stoker's bars I could find. I bike to the gym, hit the weights, and
    bike home. That'd be hard to do on a df, supporting the upper body on your arms after lifting
    heavy. Maybe we should start our own thread, brawny bent boys? Hmm...that doesn't sound real tough,
    does it? :-(

    "letjr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well folks, I've taken a dive back into recumbents. I stopped biking about 2 years ago (former
    > Rocket and V2 owner) and go into weightlifting. I know, I weird combination. I just bought a V-rex
    > on e-bay and am very excited to be back in business. What do you thing of the bike?

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7298&item=3600971522& rd=1

    > Looking to sell the fairing if anyone is interested.
    > PS- really enjoy reading this message board, lots of great ideas and info! Happy trails! Larry

  7. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Nice bike,

    I have a 2001 v-rex. Love the bike. I am looking for something faster, a little more racey, but the
    V-Rex is hard to beat for an all-round bike. I use it to haul groceries, water, garbage, all sort of
    things. The bike is great! The one you bought looks like the perons took care of it... you are going
    to have a blast.

    Rob.

  8. letjr <[email protected]> wrote:
    : I was mostly into upper body building. And since I'm in the States, I lifted pounds lbs. ha-ha!
    : I'd bench 235 lbs eleven times. That was the peak.

    Guess benting doesn't develop upper body. ;) But many bent racers seem to be a friend of the leg
    press. Helps with climbing, but I'm doing it for sprints and generic cycling strenght because not
    many hills here.

    : Stop lifting and you get fat, trust me I know.

    What I've gained 4 kg since November when I started :)

  9. Recon

    Recon Guest

    <Looking to sell the fairing if anyone is interested.>

    If you go to www.bentrideronline.com and go the the message board under want to buy, there is
    someone that is looking for a fairing for a Rocket. I believe your fairing will fit the Rocket.