Back into recumbents

Letjr

Guest
Well folks, I've taken a dive back into recumbents. I stopped biking about 2 years ago (former
Rocket and V2 owner) and go into weightlifting. I know, I weird combination. I just bought a V-rex
on e-bay and am very excited to be back in business. What do you thing of the bike?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7298&item=3600971522&rd=1

Looking to sell the fairing if anyone is interested.
PS- really enjoy reading this message board, lots of great ideas and info! Happy trails! Larry

letjr <[email protected]> wrote:
: Well folks, I've taken a dive back into recumbents. I stopped biking about 2 years ago (former
: Rocket and V2 owner) and go into weightlifting. I know, I weird combination. I just bought a
: V-rex on

How much do you do in the leg press? I rep 200 kg 16 times.

Happy riding

hmm..that's 4,409 pounds! no, wait 440.9 pounds. Well, you should be able to climb hills!

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> letjr <[email protected]> wrote:
> : Well folks, I've taken a dive back into recumbents. I stopped biking about 2 years ago (former
> : Rocket and V2 owner) and go into weightlifting. I know, I weird combination. I just bought a
> : V-rex on
>
> How much do you do in the leg press? I rep 200 kg 16 times.
>
> Happy riding
>
> --
> Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/ varis at no spam please iki fi

[email protected] wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> letjr <[email protected]> wrote:
> : Well folks, I've taken a dive back into recumbents. I stopped biking about 2 years ago (former
> : Rocket and V2 owner) and go into weightlifting. I know, I weird combination. I just bought a
> : V-rex on
>
> How much do you do in the leg press? I rep 200 kg 16 times.
>
> Happy riding

I was mostly into upper body building. And since I'm in the States, I lifted pounds lbs. ha-ha! I'd
bench 235 lbs eleven times. That was the peak. Stop lifting and you get fat, trust me I know.

Nah, recumbents and lifting go together great. I could never get comfortably down onto drop bars on
a df, even using the widest stoker's bars I could find. I bike to the gym, hit the weights, and
bike home. That'd be hard to do on a df, supporting the upper body on your arms after lifting
heavy. Maybe we should start our own thread, brawny bent boys? Hmm...that doesn't sound real tough,
does it? :-(

"letjr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well folks, I've taken a dive back into recumbents. I stopped biking about 2 years ago (former
> Rocket and V2 owner) and go into weightlifting. I know, I weird combination. I just bought a V-rex
> on e-bay and am very excited to be back in business. What do you thing of the bike?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7298&item=3600971522& rd=1

> Looking to sell the fairing if anyone is interested.
> PS- really enjoy reading this message board, lots of great ideas and info! Happy trails! Larry

Nice bike,

I have a 2001 v-rex. Love the bike. I am looking for something faster, a little more racey, but the
V-Rex is hard to beat for an all-round bike. I use it to haul groceries, water, garbage, all sort of
things. The bike is great! The one you bought looks like the perons took care of it... you are going
to have a blast.

Rob.

"letjr" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well folks, I've taken a dive back into recumbents. I stopped biking about 2 years ago (former
> Rocket and V2 owner) and go into weightlifting. I know, I weird combination. I just bought a V-rex
> on e-bay and am very excited to be back in business. What do you thing of the bike?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7298&item=3600971522& rd=1

> Looking to sell the fairing if anyone is interested.
> PS- really enjoy reading this message board, lots of great ideas and info! Happy trails! Larry

letjr <[email protected]> wrote:
: I was mostly into upper body building. And since I'm in the States, I lifted pounds lbs. ha-ha!
: I'd bench 235 lbs eleven times. That was the peak.

Guess benting doesn't develop upper body. ;) But many bent racers seem to be a friend of the leg
press. Helps with climbing, but I'm doing it for sprints and generic cycling strenght because not
many hills here.

: Stop lifting and you get fat, trust me I know.

What I've gained 4 kg since November when I started :)

<Looking to sell the fairing if anyone is interested.>

If you go to www.bentrideronline.com and go the the message board under want to buy, there is
someone that is looking for a fairing for a Rocket. I believe your fairing will fit the Rocket.