Back on Program

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Frood, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Frood

    Frood Guest

    I took a week or so off program over Christmas, but I decided that this past Monday was back on.
    Monday is my weigh in day, and points re-set, so it was a good time. Well, anybody remember the
    Airplane spoof movie, where Lloyd Bridges keeps saying "I picked the wrong week to give up
    smoking..." ? That's how I've felt all week! Champagne on New Year's Eve, with homemade truffles,
    both very excellent. A New Year's day party today - I ate lunch before I went to avoid the
    temptation of party nibbles. Turns out they served lunch! Oh, well, I wasn't hungry, and just
    avoided the food room altogether.

    However, I am journaling, and trying to make reasonable choices, like good portion sizes, and water
    to drink. I'm doing the best I can, with the kids driving me crazy (school goes back next week) and
    PMS setting in, and DH's ultra good chex mix freshly made...

    I saw pictures of myself from last summer, so I got a stark reminder of why I wanted to change my
    way of eating. I was surrounded by a bunch of thin people at the party today, and did not feel
    self-conscious. I am pleased with my progress so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing less of
    me. I just wanted to see it in print. (Cuz you know everything you read on the internet is
    completely true.)

    --
    Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

    Tags:

  2. It sounds like you've done ok this week!! Great job!! It'll get easier as the holidays get over!!

    I know how the kids can drive you crazy but I'm not looking forward to school starting, it means I
    have to go back to work!!!

    Good Luck Wendy!!!

    --
    Janice
    263/252/150 (maybe 130)

    "frood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I took a week or so off program over Christmas, but I decided that this
    past
    > Monday was back on. Monday is my weigh in day, and points re-set, so it
    was
    > a good time. Well, anybody remember the Airplane spoof movie, where Lloyd Bridges keeps saying "I
    > picked the wrong week to give up smoking..." ? That's how I've felt all week! Champagne on New
    > Year's Eve, with homemade truffles, both very excellent. A New Year's day party today - I ate
    > lunch before I went to avoid the temptation of party nibbles. Turns out they served lunch! Oh,
    > well, I wasn't hungry, and just avoided the food room altogether.
    >
    > However, I am journaling, and trying to make reasonable choices, like good portion sizes, and
    > water to drink. I'm doing the best I can, with the kids driving me crazy (school goes back next
    > week) and PMS setting in, and DH's ultra good chex mix freshly made...
    >
    > I saw pictures of myself from last summer, so I got a stark reminder of
    why
    > I wanted to change my way of eating. I was surrounded by a bunch of thin people at the party
    > today, and did not feel self-conscious. I am pleased with my progress so far, and I'm looking
    > forward to seeing less of me. I just wanted to see it in print. (Cuz you know everything you read
    > on the internet is completely true.)
    >
    > --
    > Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

  3. great post, great attitude, good luck, Lee
    frood <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I took a week or so off program over Christmas, but I decided that this
    past
    > Monday was back on. Monday is my weigh in day, and points re-set, so it
    was
    > a good time. Well, anybody remember the Airplane spoof movie, where Lloyd Bridges keeps saying "I
    > picked the wrong week to give up smoking..." ? That's how I've felt all week! Champagne on New
    > Year's Eve, with homemade truffles, both very excellent. A New Year's day party today - I ate
    > lunch before I went to avoid the temptation of party nibbles. Turns out they served lunch! Oh,
    > well, I wasn't hungry, and just avoided the food room altogether.
    >
    > However, I am journaling, and trying to make reasonable choices, like good portion sizes, and
    > water to drink. I'm doing the best I can, with the kids driving me crazy (school goes back next
    > week) and PMS setting in, and DH's ultra good chex mix freshly made...
    >
    > I saw pictures of myself from last summer, so I got a stark reminder of
    why
    > I wanted to change my way of eating. I was surrounded by a bunch of thin people at the party
    > today, and did not feel self-conscious. I am pleased with my progress so far, and I'm looking
    > forward to seeing less of me. I just wanted to see it in print. (Cuz you know everything you read
    > on the internet is completely true.)
    >
    > --
    > Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

  4. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 03:02:13 GMT, "frood"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I took a week or so off program over Christmas, but I decided that this past Monday was back on.
    >Monday is my weigh in day, and points re-set, so it was a good time. Well, anybody remember the
    >Airplane spoof movie, where Lloyd Bridges keeps saying "I picked the wrong week to give up
    >smoking..." ? That's how I've felt all week!

    Good for you for resisting temptation Wendy. You should be very proud of yourself!

    >I saw pictures of myself from last summer, so I got a stark reminder of why I wanted to change my
    >way of eating. I was surrounded by a bunch of thin people at the party today, and did not feel self-
    >conscious. I am pleased with my progress so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing less of me. I
    >just wanted to see it in print.

    That's great Wendy. Re-motivation and pride in how far you've come. That's a winning combination :)

    >(Cuz you know everything you read on the internet is completely true.)

    LOL.

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/90/75 kgs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  5. Great job on avoiding that food room! Good luck this week.

    --
    Brenda
    209/176/150 NYNY goal 160