Back on Program

Frood

Guest
I took a week or so off program over Christmas, but I decided that this past Monday was back on.
Monday is my weigh in day, and points re-set, so it was a good time. Well, anybody remember the
Airplane spoof movie, where Lloyd Bridges keeps saying "I picked the wrong week to give up
smoking..." ? That's how I've felt all week! Champagne on New Year's Eve, with homemade truffles,
both very excellent. A New Year's day party today - I ate lunch before I went to avoid the
temptation of party nibbles. Turns out they served lunch! Oh, well, I wasn't hungry, and just
avoided the food room altogether.

However, I am journaling, and trying to make reasonable choices, like good portion sizes, and water
to drink. I'm doing the best I can, with the kids driving me crazy (school goes back next week) and
PMS setting in, and DH's ultra good chex mix freshly made...

I saw pictures of myself from last summer, so I got a stark reminder of why I wanted to change my
way of eating. I was surrounded by a bunch of thin people at the party today, and did not feel
self-conscious. I am pleased with my progress so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing less of
me. I just wanted to see it in print. (Cuz you know everything you read on the internet is
completely true.)

--
Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

Janice Kennish

Guest
It sounds like you've done ok this week!! Great job!! It'll get easier as the holidays get over!!

I know how the kids can drive you crazy but I'm not looking forward to school starting, it means I
have to go back to work!!!

Good Luck Wendy!!!

--
Janice
263/252/150 (maybe 130)

"frood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I took a week or so off program over Christmas, but I decided that this
past
> Monday was back on. Monday is my weigh in day, and points re-set, so it
was
> a good time. Well, anybody remember the Airplane spoof movie, where Lloyd Bridges keeps saying "I
> picked the wrong week to give up smoking..." ? That's how I've felt all week! Champagne on New
> Year's Eve, with homemade truffles, both very excellent. A New Year's day party today - I ate
> lunch before I went to avoid the temptation of party nibbles. Turns out they served lunch! Oh,
> well, I wasn't hungry, and just avoided the food room altogether.
>
> However, I am journaling, and trying to make reasonable choices, like good portion sizes, and
> water to drink. I'm doing the best I can, with the kids driving me crazy (school goes back next
> week) and PMS setting in, and DH's ultra good chex mix freshly made...
>
> I saw pictures of myself from last summer, so I got a stark reminder of
why
> I wanted to change my way of eating. I was surrounded by a bunch of thin people at the party
> today, and did not feel self-conscious. I am pleased with my progress so far, and I'm looking
> forward to seeing less of me. I just wanted to see it in print. (Cuz you know everything you read
> on the internet is completely true.)
>
> --
> Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

Miss Violette

Guest
great post, great attitude, good luck, Lee
frood <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I took a week or so off program over Christmas, but I decided that this
past
> Monday was back on. Monday is my weigh in day, and points re-set, so it
was
> a good time. Well, anybody remember the Airplane spoof movie, where Lloyd Bridges keeps saying "I
> picked the wrong week to give up smoking..." ? That's how I've felt all week! Champagne on New
> Year's Eve, with homemade truffles, both very excellent. A New Year's day party today - I ate
> lunch before I went to avoid the temptation of party nibbles. Turns out they served lunch! Oh,
> well, I wasn't hungry, and just avoided the food room altogether.
>
> However, I am journaling, and trying to make reasonable choices, like good portion sizes, and
> water to drink. I'm doing the best I can, with the kids driving me crazy (school goes back next
> week) and PMS setting in, and DH's ultra good chex mix freshly made...
>
> I saw pictures of myself from last summer, so I got a stark reminder of
why
> I wanted to change my way of eating. I was surrounded by a bunch of thin people at the party
> today, and did not feel self-conscious. I am pleased with my progress so far, and I'm looking
> forward to seeing less of me. I just wanted to see it in print. (Cuz you know everything you read
> on the internet is completely true.)
>
> --
> Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

Erin Marsh

Guest
On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 03:02:13 GMT, "frood"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I took a week or so off program over Christmas, but I decided that this past Monday was back on.
>Monday is my weigh in day, and points re-set, so it was a good time. Well, anybody remember the
>Airplane spoof movie, where Lloyd Bridges keeps saying "I picked the wrong week to give up
>smoking..." ? That's how I've felt all week!

Good for you for resisting temptation Wendy. You should be very proud of yourself!

>I saw pictures of myself from last summer, so I got a stark reminder of why I wanted to change my
>way of eating. I was surrounded by a bunch of thin people at the party today, and did not feel self-
>conscious. I am pleased with my progress so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing less of me. I
>just wanted to see it in print.

That's great Wendy. Re-motivation and pride in how far you've come. That's a winning combination :)

>(Cuz you know everything you read on the internet is completely true.)

LOL.

--
Erin in NZ
125/90/75 kgs

RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

"It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

Brenda Hammond

Guest
Great job on avoiding that food room! Good luck this week.

--
Brenda
209/176/150 NYNY goal 160