Back on Program

Frood

Guest
I took a week or so off program over Christmas, but I decided that this past Monday was back on.
Monday is my weigh in day, and points re-set, so it was a good time. Well, anybody remember the
Airplane spoof movie, where Lloyd Bridges keeps saying "I picked the wrong week to give up
smoking..." ? That's how I've felt all week! Champagne on New Year's Eve, with homemade truffles,
both very excellent. A New Year's day party today - I ate lunch before I went to avoid the
temptation of party nibbles. Turns out they served lunch! Oh, well, I wasn't hungry, and just
avoided the food room altogether.

However, I am journaling, and trying to make reasonable choices, like good portion sizes, and water
to drink. I'm doing the best I can, with the kids driving me crazy (school goes back next week) and
PMS setting in, and DH's ultra good chex mix freshly made...

I saw pictures of myself from last summer, so I got a stark reminder of why I wanted to change my
way of eating. I was surrounded by a bunch of thin people at the party today, and did not feel
self-conscious. I am pleased with my progress so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing less of
me. I just wanted to see it in print. (Cuz you know everything you read on the internet is
completely true.)

--
Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

It sounds like you've done ok this week!! Great job!! It'll get easier as the holidays get over!!

I know how the kids can drive you crazy but I'm not looking forward to school starting, it means I
have to go back to work!!!

Good Luck Wendy!!!

--
Janice
263/252/150 (maybe 130)

"frood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I took a week or so off program over Christmas, but I decided that this
past
> Monday was back on. Monday is my weigh in day, and points re-set, so it
was
> a good time. Well, anybody remember the Airplane spoof movie, where Lloyd Bridges keeps saying "I
> picked the wrong week to give up smoking..." ? That's how I've felt all week! Champagne on New
> Year's Eve, with homemade truffles, both very excellent. A New Year's day party today - I ate
> lunch before I went to avoid the temptation of party nibbles. Turns out they served lunch! Oh,
> well, I wasn't hungry, and just avoided the food room altogether.
>
> However, I am journaling, and trying to make reasonable choices, like good portion sizes, and
> water to drink. I'm doing the best I can, with the kids driving me crazy (school goes back next
> week) and PMS setting in, and DH's ultra good chex mix freshly made...
>
> I saw pictures of myself from last summer, so I got a stark reminder of
why
> I wanted to change my way of eating. I was surrounded by a bunch of thin people at the party
> today, and did not feel self-conscious. I am pleased with my progress so far, and I'm looking
> forward to seeing less of me. I just wanted to see it in print. (Cuz you know everything you read
> on the internet is completely true.)
>
> --
> Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

great post, great attitude, good luck, Lee
frood <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I took a week or so off program over Christmas, but I decided that this
past
> Monday was back on. Monday is my weigh in day, and points re-set, so it
was
> a good time. Well, anybody remember the Airplane spoof movie, where Lloyd Bridges keeps saying "I
> picked the wrong week to give up smoking..." ? That's how I've felt all week! Champagne on New
> Year's Eve, with homemade truffles, both very excellent. A New Year's day party today - I ate
> lunch before I went to avoid the temptation of party nibbles. Turns out they served lunch! Oh,
> well, I wasn't hungry, and just avoided the food room altogether.
>
> However, I am journaling, and trying to make reasonable choices, like good portion sizes, and
> water to drink. I'm doing the best I can, with the kids driving me crazy (school goes back next
> week) and PMS setting in, and DH's ultra good chex mix freshly made...
>
> I saw pictures of myself from last summer, so I got a stark reminder of
why
> I wanted to change my way of eating. I was surrounded by a bunch of thin people at the party
> today, and did not feel self-conscious. I am pleased with my progress so far, and I'm looking
> forward to seeing less of me. I just wanted to see it in print. (Cuz you know everything you read
> on the internet is completely true.)
>
> --
> Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 03:02:13 GMT, "frood"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I took a week or so off program over Christmas, but I decided that this past Monday was back on.
>Monday is my weigh in day, and points re-set, so it was a good time. Well, anybody remember the
>Airplane spoof movie, where Lloyd Bridges keeps saying "I picked the wrong week to give up
>smoking..." ? That's how I've felt all week!

Good for you for resisting temptation Wendy. You should be very proud of yourself!

>I saw pictures of myself from last summer, so I got a stark reminder of why I wanted to change my
>way of eating. I was surrounded by a bunch of thin people at the party today, and did not feel self-
>conscious. I am pleased with my progress so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing less of me. I
>just wanted to see it in print.

That's great Wendy. Re-motivation and pride in how far you've come. That's a winning combination :)

>(Cuz you know everything you read on the internet is completely true.)

LOL.

--
Erin in NZ
125/90/75 kgs

RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

"It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

Great job on avoiding that food room! Good luck this week.

--
Brenda
209/176/150 NYNY goal 160