Back pain ! calling doctor zipp2001

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
I've lived with daily back pain for the last 24 years after I was hit by a car that ran a red light. I been to many doctors over the years but without much help. I'm used to the pain, but sometimes it likes to ramp it up a little extra. When it does I have to be real careful not to push it to hard or it will get to the point that I won't be able to walk for days. So after nursing it through the day at work I get home and see the Doctor that always helps take the pain away. It takes about 8 miles to have the pain go completely away and I'm almost as good as new. This is what works for me over all these years, Thanks Doc Zipp2001.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If you have back problems or spinal cord injury then it's best to strengthen your core muscles and your back muscles. Cycling will strengthen your back and spinalcord.

I'm glad that you've found something that works for you. I've been dealing with back pain ever since I was a kid, thanks to genetics and such, so I know exactly what it's like dealing with chronic back pain issues.

I can say that cycling (and exercise in general) has definitely helped alleviate them to some degree. That being said, like with anything, results are going to vary on a case-by-case basis. What works for one person will actually do harm to another.

I know many people who have chronic back issues as well, and just sitting on a bike--let alone driving it for an extended period of time--causes them immense pain. Back pain can be so varied that not everyone is going to get relief from riding, unfortunately.

Back pain runs in my family, seriously. So, I've been dealing with it not personally but my parents, uncles and aunts. Thankfully, we hadn't required any surgery, but physical therapy and medication. Cycling works good, as long as it means a slow pace, stress free ride, and avoiding bad position while cycling. A way to prevent it is to use a back support, put some muscle/joint spray before riding, and do stretching before and after cycling. So far it has been really peaceful and pain free.

Reactions: zipp2001