Back pain on MTB

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Frank Miles, Mar 1, 2003.

  1. Frank Miles

    Frank Miles Guest

    My son (10yo) is now complaining of some back pain (lower- to mid-) when he rides on his MTB.

    Can anyone suggest particular position adjustments that should be examined/altered to fix this
    problem? His roadie dad's never had this problem...

    -frank

  2. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Frank Miles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > My son (10yo) is now complaining of some back pain (lower- to mid-) when he rides on his MTB.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest particular position adjustments that should be examined/altered to fix this
    > problem? His roadie dad's never had this problem...
    >
    > -frank

    First question is...does the bike actually fit him?

    And if it fit him 6 months ago, it may not fit *now*.

    Pete

  3. Flashsteve

    Flashsteve Guest

    Along with bike fit, make sure your back and abdominal muscles are strong. I had serious back pain,
    until I got back on a program of strengthening exercises.

    Steve Scarich