Back to the Future

Dec 30, 2007
Just saw an ad on Velonews.com for a place that is selling...gasp, Record and DA hubs laced to DT rims with dt spokes, laced 3 cross, brass nipps and ...tied and soldered. Like this is a new thing. I don't agree with their reasons to do it BUT. Marketing something that decent bike shops have been doing for decades, including us.

Peter@vecchios said:
Just saw an ad on Velonews.com for a place that is selling...gasp, Record and DA hubs laced to DT rims with dt spokes, laced 3 cross, brass nipps and ...tied and soldered.
Tubulars?

No doubt Competitive Cyclist, as well as all of the other followers, have been itching to find a way to latch on to the coat tails of Vecchio's.

Funny thing, though: there are all sorts of LBS than have been selling all sorts of quality bike kit that not even the revered Vecchio's sells. I know it's hard to believe that quality stuff could be made today, without using the revered and idolized methods of 20-30 years ago, but using a bit of critical thought and scientific reasoning, a person can actually discover that there's quite a bit of modern, high tech kit that is excellent.

What a breakthrough. :rolleyes:

oldbobcat said:
Tubulars?

Clinchers, DT 1.1 rims, double eyelet, I assume(they make an inferior single eyelet model). I hope DT does make a tubie rim, sure like their clincher rims.

alienator said:
No doubt Competitive Cyclist, as well as all of the other followers, have been itching to find a way to latch on to the coat tails of Vecchio's.

Funny thing, though: there are all sorts of LBS than have been selling all sorts of quality bike kit that not even the revered Vecchio's sells. I know it's hard to believe that quality stuff could be made today, without using the revered and idolized methods of 20-30 years ago, but using a bit of critical thought and scientific reasoning, a person can actually discover that there's quite a bit of modern, high tech kit that is excellent.

adios............................

alienator said:

You don't have many friends, do you?

alienator said:
Are we keeping score? No matter, I've always got you, babycakes.
Actually that's kinda true. I look forward to your posts...acerbic as they are.