Back to WW

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Zaz, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Zaz

    Zaz Guest

    Hello to all,

    I was here... well, three years ago now. I maintained my weight for 2 years, and then WHAM!
    hypothyroidism struck. Within six months, I gained back all that I had lost, and more.

    I started going to meetings on Jan. 14. I figure that the hypothyroidism does not help, but I also
    realised that I indulged myself. If my body has problems eliminating fat, then it means that I
    have to be more careful about my nutrition. It doesn't give me an excuse to gain weight! It's too
    easy to just say "Oh, it's my thyroid gland problem that's making me fat..." and then turn around
    and pig out!

    So here I am. It is good to go to meetings again, and I promise I will never stop, even when I
    attain my goal. I like meeting the people, exchange experience, and see others like me succeeding.

    As we used to do back in 2001, my stats figure under my signature, from which you only have to
    remove "pourriel" in order to e-mail me.

    Isabelle (Zaz) [email protected] Start weight: 162 lbs Current weight: 158.4 lbs Lost:
    3.6 lbs Goal: 130 lbs Week 2

    Tags:

  2. Bird

    Bird Guest

    A triple welcome back Zaz.
    Hope you hang in there.
    Bird
    need to lose 50#
    "Zaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello to all,
    >
    > I was here... well, three years ago now. I maintained my weight for 2 years, and then WHAM!
    > hypothyroidism struck. Within six months, I gained back all that I had lost, and more.
    >
    > I started going to meetings on Jan. 14. I figure that the hypothyroidism does not help, but I also
    > realised that I indulged myself. If my body has problems eliminating fat, then it means that I
    > have to be more careful
    about
    > my nutrition. It doesn't give me an excuse to gain weight! It's too easy to just say "Oh, it's my
    > thyroid gland problem that's making me fat..."
    and
    > then turn around and pig out!
    >
    > So here I am. It is good to go to meetings again, and I promise I will never stop, even when I
    > attain my goal. I like meeting the people,
    exchange
    > experience, and see others like me succeeding.
    >
    > As we used to do back in 2001, my stats figure under my signature, from which you only have to
    > remove "pourriel" in order to e-mail me.
    >

    > Isabelle (Zaz) [email protected] Start weight: 162 lbs Current weight: 158.4 lbs Lost:
    > 3.6 lbs Goal: 130 lbs Week 2

  3. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Welcome back!! I see you've already lost 3.6 lbs, Congrats!!

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5

    Zaz wrote:
    > Hello to all,
    >
    > I was here... well, three years ago now. I maintained my weight for 2 years, and then WHAM!
    > hypothyroidism struck. Within six months, I gained back all that I had lost, and more.
    >
    > I started going to meetings on Jan. 14. I figure that the hypothyroidism does not help, but I also
    > realised that I indulged myself. If my body has problems eliminating fat, then it means that I
    > have to be more careful about my nutrition. It doesn't give me an excuse to gain weight! It's too
    > easy to just say "Oh, it's my thyroid gland problem that's making me fat..." and then turn around
    > and pig out!
    >
    > So here I am. It is good to go to meetings again, and I promise I will never stop, even when I
    > attain my goal. I like meeting the people, exchange experience, and see others like me succeeding.
    >
    > As we used to do back in 2001, my stats figure under my signature, from which you only have to
    > remove "pourriel" in order to e-mail me.
    >

    > Isabelle (Zaz) [email protected] Start weight: 162 lbs Current weight: 158.4 lbs Lost:
    > 3.6 lbs Goal: 130 lbs Week 2

  4. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Welcome Isabelle ! I remember you from my lurking days :) Wish you good luck,

    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/102.9/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.103/212 lbs "Zaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello to all,
    >
    > I was here... well, three years ago now. I maintained my weight for 2 years, and then WHAM!
    > hypothyroidism struck. Within six months, I gained back all that I had lost, and more.
    >
    > I started going to meetings on Jan. 14. I figure that the hypothyroidism does not help, but I also
    > realised that I indulged myself. If my body has problems eliminating fat, then it means that I
    > have to be more careful
    about
    > my nutrition. It doesn't give me an excuse to gain weight! It's too easy to just say "Oh, it's my
    > thyroid gland problem that's making me fat..."
    and
    > then turn around and pig out!
    >
    > So here I am. It is good to go to meetings again, and I promise I will never stop, even when I
    > attain my goal. I like meeting the people,
    exchange
    > experience, and see others like me succeeding.
    >
    > As we used to do back in 2001, my stats figure under my signature, from which you only have to
    > remove "pourriel" in order to e-mail me.
    >

    > Isabelle (Zaz) [email protected] Start weight: 162 lbs Current weight: 158.4 lbs Lost:
    > 3.6 lbs Goal: 130 lbs Week 2

  5. Zaz

    Zaz Guest

    I don't know what happened: my news manager (Outlook Express 6) just went haywire!

    Sorry about that!

    "Zaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello to all,
    >
    > I was here... well, three years ago now. I maintained my weight for 2 years, and then WHAM!
    > hypothyroidism struck. Within six months, I gained back all that I had lost, and more.
    >
    > I started going to meetings on Jan. 14. I figure that the hypothyroidism does not help, but I also
    > realised that I indulged myself. If my body has problems eliminating fat, then it means that I
    > have to be more careful
    about
    > my nutrition. It doesn't give me an excuse to gain weight! It's too easy to just say "Oh, it's my
    > thyroid gland problem that's making me fat..."
    and
    > then turn around and pig out!
    >
    > So here I am. It is good to go to meetings again, and I promise I will never stop, even when I
    > attain my goal. I like meeting the people,
    exchange
    > experience, and see others like me succeeding.
    >
    > As we used to do back in 2001, my stats figure under my signature, from which you only have to
    > remove "pourriel" in order to e-mail me.
    >

    > Isabelle (Zaz) [email protected] Start weight: 162 lbs Current weight: 158.4 lbs Lost:
    > 3.6 lbs Goal: 130 lbs Week 2

  6. I Williams

    I Williams Guest

    I know what you mean on the thyroid. Unfortunately I have been dealing with
    this problem for 2 years. Hang in there
    Irma
    "Zaz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello to all,
    >
    > I was here... well, three years ago now. I maintained my weight for 2 years, and then WHAM!
    > hypothyroidism struck. Within six months, I gained back all that I had lost, and more.
    >
    > I started going to meetings on Jan. 14. I figure that the hypothyroidism does not help, but I also
    > realised that I indulged myself. If my body has problems eliminating fat, then it means that I
    > have to be more careful
    about
    > my nutrition. It doesn't give me an excuse to gain weight! It's too easy to just say "Oh, it's my
    > thyroid gland problem that's making me fat..."
    and
    > then turn around and pig out!
    >
    > So here I am. It is good to go to meetings again, and I promise I will never stop, even when I
    > attain my goal. I like meeting the people,
    exchange
    > experience, and see others like me succeeding.
    >
    > As we used to do back in 2001, my stats figure under my signature, from which you only have to
    > remove "pourriel" in order to e-mail me.
    >

    > Isabelle (Zaz) [email protected] Start weight: 162 lbs Current weight: 158.4 lbs Lost:
    > 3.6 lbs Goal: 130 lbs Week 2

  7. good for you taking charge of your health, welcome back, Lee
    Zaz <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello to all,
    >
    > I was here... well, three years ago now. I maintained my weight for 2 years, and then WHAM!
    > hypothyroidism struck. Within six months, I gained back all that I had lost, and more.
    >
    > I started going to meetings on Jan. 14. I figure that the hypothyroidism does not help, but I also
    > realised that I indulged myself. If my body has problems eliminating fat, then it means that I
    > have to be more careful
    about
    > my nutrition. It doesn't give me an excuse to gain weight! It's too easy to just say "Oh, it's my
    > thyroid gland problem that's making me fat..."
    and
    > then turn around and pig out!
    >
    > So here I am. It is good to go to meetings again, and I promise I will never stop, even when I
    > attain my goal. I like meeting the people,
    exchange
    > experience, and see others like me succeeding.
    >
    > As we used to do back in 2001, my stats figure under my signature, from which you only have to
    > remove "pourriel" in order to e-mail me.
    >

    > Isabelle (Zaz) [email protected] Start weight: 162 lbs Current weight: 158.4 lbs Lost:
    > 3.6 lbs Goal: 130 lbs Week 2

  8. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Welcome back, Zaz! I hope you have good success on WW this time around...
    :) Congrats on your progress so far!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172