Backadapack Reports for October - URLs to 4 reports

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Layne Wallace, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Here's more personal info than you *ever* wanted. I've been dealing with a constant headache since
    October 2, 2002. I'm about to finish up the meds regimen with no joy so far (calcium blockers are
    the last shot in two weeks). After that, I'll be trying some headache clinics. Running seems to be
    the only thing that helps (hey, it could be worse).

    The point of all of that was that I'm not at a computer nearly as often as I used to be. I still
    write the event reports because I like writing them. Anyway, I thought I'd give this "report
    compendium" a try. If it doesn't work, I'll try something else.

    Here are October's event reports:

    Beaches Dog Run: Run for Their Lives 5K (with my pics and newspaper pics)
    http://kinder.cis.unf.edu/rec.running/1-9k/dogr03-lay.html

    Corporate Run 5K (a few 1st Place Sports pics)
    http://kinder.cis.unf.edu/rec.running/1-9k/corp03-lay.html

    Children's Way 5K (my pics) http://kinder.cis.unf.edu/rec.running/1-9k/chil03-lay.html

    Pumpkin Run 10 Miler (no pics, sorry) http://kinder.cis.unf.edu/rec.running/15-19k/pump03-lay.html

    Layne

    The rec.running report archives may be found at http://kinder.cis.unf.edu/rec.running

    Tags:

  2. Hey Layne-

    "Layne Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Here's more personal info than you *ever* wanted. I've been dealing with a constant headache since
    > October 2, 2002. I'm about to finish up the meds regimen with no joy so far (calcium blockers are
    > the last shot in two
    weeks).
    > After that, I'll be trying some headache clinics. Running seems to be the only thing that helps
    > (hey, it could be worse).

    Very sorry to hear that the headaches are *still* gettin' you Layne! I hope someone at the clinic
    has the answer for you. At least you have one outlet that a lot of folks don't.

    > The point of all of that was that I'm not at a computer nearly as often as
    > used to be. I still write the event reports because I like writing them. Anyway, I thought I'd
    > give this "report compendium" a try. If it doesn't work, I'll try something else.

    Likewise. I miss rec.running a lot! I can't get on as much as I used to, but hope that I can figure
    out some time to at least keep up. But it's a great new job so I'm not going to complain one bit.

    Big congrats on all these races! I haven't read the reports yet, but I think I'll have just enough
    time to skim them after this post. You've been really busy!!

    Teresa in AZ

  3. On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:54:07 -0700, Teresa Bippert-Plymate wrote:

    >Hey Layne-

    Hi, there, Teresa,

    >Very sorry to hear that the headaches are *still* gettin' you Layne! I hope someone at the clinic
    >has the answer for you. At least you have one outlet that a lot of folks don't.

    :) Thank you. Yep. Plus, I have the opportunity to see first hand how
    different meds affect running. OK, that was a bit of a Polly-Freakin-Anna.

    >> The point of all of that was that I'm not at a computer nearly as often as
    >> used to be. I still write the event reports because I like writing them. Anyway, I thought I'd
    >> give this "report compendium" a try. If it doesn't work, I'll try something else.
    >
    >Likewise. I miss rec.running a lot! I can't get on as much as I used to, but hope that I can figure
    >out some time to at least keep up. But it's a great new job so I'm not going to complain one bit.

    Wow. Congratulations on the new job. Hmm, still in Arizona but ... But .... BUT ----- MICROSOFT
    OUTLOOK! AAAGHH! They're forcing you to deal with pure evil. I'm very sorry, Teresa. OK, I'm through
    teaching you. Well, one more: Be sure to look at the stars from time to time as a reality check
    against the "information" you'll get from Wild Billy G.

    I hope that the new job includes nice folks.

    >Big congrats on all these races! I haven't read the reports yet, but I think I'll have just enough
    >time to skim them after this post. You've been really busy!!

    :) It's a truckload - although I think Brian B. is giving me a run for my
    money in the race slut category albeit at a (much) faster pace. There are some with pictures. Those
    are the ones I'd go for. You've been pretty quiet lately. Ahem, cough, cough.

    Thanks, Layne

    The rec.running report archives may be found at http://kinder.cis.unf.edu/rec.running

  4. "Layne Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:54:07 -0700, Teresa Bippert-Plymate wrote:
    >
    > >Hey Layne-
    > >
    > Hi, there, Teresa,
    >
    > >Very sorry to hear that the headaches are *still* gettin' you Layne! I
    hope
    > >someone at the clinic has the answer for you. At least you have one
    outlet
    > >that a lot of folks don't.
    > >
    > :) Thank you. Yep. Plus, I have the opportunity to see first hand how
    > different meds affect running. OK, that was a bit of a Polly-Freakin-Anna.

    Well, yeah. Just go ahead and say it- it sucks. But I DO hope you can find the answer soon!

    > >> The point of all of that was that I'm not at a computer nearly as often
    as
    > >> used to be. I still write the event reports because I like writing
    them.
    > >> Anyway, I thought I'd give this "report compendium" a try. If it
    doesn't
    > >> work, I'll try something else.
    > >
    > >Likewise. I miss rec.running a lot! I can't get on as much as I used to,
    but
    > >hope that I can figure out some time to at least keep up. But it's a
    great
    > >new job so I'm not going to complain one bit.
    > >
    > Wow. Congratulations on the new job. Hmm, still in Arizona but ... But
    > BUT ----- MICROSOFT OUTLOOK! AAAGHH! They're forcing you to deal with pure evil. I'm very sorry,
    > Teresa. OK, I'm through teaching you. Well, one
    more:
    > Be sure to look at the stars from time to time as a reality check against
    the
    > "information" you'll get from Wild Billy G.
    >
    > I hope that the new job includes nice folks.

    Yeah, I know now why people spit when they talk about Outlook. But I'll be getting a new hot fast
    computer probably next week, and I can take my poor old laptop home to rest. And I'll be looking for
    a decent mail and news reader for the new computer. *I'll take suggestions, everyone!* The old job
    used a large, system program that was great, but not something I'll try to put on a standalone
    machine. I'm especially interested in what's available to read News on PCs with Windows.

    Great folks here. And it's cutting-edge Astronomy stuff. Building nulling interferometers for
    extraterrestrial planetary searches. Way cool for us Astro geeks. I will be getting out to the
    telescopes now and then, though I'm mostly a lab rat. We'll be doing an IR run at the MMT next Feb,
    and going out to the Large Binocular Telescope (2 8-m behemoths, in construction) soon.

    > >Big congrats on all these races! I haven't read the reports yet, but I
    think
    > >I'll have just enough time to skim them after this post. You've been
    really
    > >busy!!
    > >
    > :) It's a truckload - although I think Brian B. is giving me a run for my
    > money in the race slut category albeit at a (much) faster pace. There are some with pictures.
    > Those are the ones I'd go for. You've been pretty
    quiet
    > lately. Ahem, cough, cough.

    I got over there and read them! You *have* been busy! A big congrats, and some good pics too! And
    did I see one of those at a sub-9 pace??? Hmmm? Isn't that getting into the Middleadapack category??

    OK OK, I'll try to be more active again. Right now I have lightning-fast connection (right into a
    university backbone), but a clunky interface. But that will change and I'll be back annoying
    everyone again!!

    > Thanks, Layne

    Teresa in AZ, still. Actually this is just *across the street* from my old office.

  5. On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 09:46:58 -0700, Teresa Bippert-Plymate wrote:

    >> :) Thank you. Yep. Plus, I have the opportunity to see first hand how
    >> different meds affect running. OK, that was a bit of a Polly-Freakin-Anna.
    >
    >Well, yeah. Just go ahead and say it- it sucks. But I DO hope you can find the answer soon!

    LOL. OK, .IT SUCKS!!! I'd kill (small reptiles) for a sinus headache.

    >> Wow. Congratulations on the new job. Hmm, still in Arizona but ... But
    >> BUT ----- MICROSOFT OUTLOOK! AAAGHH! They're forcing you to deal with pure evil. I'm very sorry,
    >> Teresa. OK, I'm through teaching you. Well, one
    >more:

    Damn that Freud to hell or Texas! I meant to either say "I'm through teasing" or "I'm through
    preaching" but it came out Freudian. I'm on medical leave from work so I'm not teaching this
    semester (and it doesn't look good for next). I mean really! Well, this is definite evidence that
    it's time for a schizo running therapy session - I like those.

    >> Be sure to look at the stars from time to time as a reality check against
    >the
    >> "information" you'll get from Wild Billy G.
    >>
    >> I hope that the new job includes nice folks.
    >
    >Yeah, I know now why people spit when they talk about Outlook. But I'll be getting a new hot fast
    >computer probably next week, and I can take my poor old laptop home to rest. And I'll be looking
    >for a decent mail and news reader for the new computer. *I'll take suggestions, everyone!* The old
    >job used a large, system program that was great, but not something I'll try to put on a standalone
    >machine. I'm especially interested in what's available to read News on PCs with Windows.

    Xnews or Forte FreeAgent would be good candidates if you are being forced to live with evil (MS
    Windows). If I'm forced to deal with MS Windows E-mail, I use PM-Mail (I like the filtering). Brrr,
    now I feel all dirty just talking about Wild Billy.

    >Great folks here. And it's cutting-edge Astronomy stuff. Building nulling interferometers for
    >extraterrestrial planetary searches. Way cool for us Astro geeks. I will be getting out to the
    >telescopes now and then, though I'm mostly a lab rat. We'll be doing an IR run at the MMT next Feb,
    >and going out to the Large Binocular Telescope (2 8-m behemoths, in construction) soon.

    <drool> I taught astronomy back in the late 1970s and early 1980s so that stuff sounds wonderful. I
    have left are a 6" RFT and a 6" hybrid that was used to track Minute Man missle launches <G>. Don't
    forget the lunar eclipse on Saturday! Susan will be off with "the girls" on an estrofest so I'm
    planning a nice eclipse run.

    >I got over there and read them! You *have* been busy! A big congrats, and some good pics too! And
    >did I see one of those at a sub-9 pace??? Hmmm? Isn't that getting into the Middleadapack
    >category??

    I don't how that pace snuck in there. I promise to back off. Middleadapack carries too much
    responsibility for me. :)

    >OK OK, I'll try to be more active again. Right now I have lightning-fast connection (right into a
    >university backbone), but a clunky interface. But that will change and I'll be back annoying
    >everyone again!!

    Well, all right. As a matter of fact, I just switched to a 1.5M connection from a 128K ISDN. It's a
    whole new door, isn't it?

    You? Annoy? Yeah, right, pull the other one. I've lobbied to have my lab router directly connected
    to the backbone but they don't trust me. Smart people. And, one of them is an old marathoner!

    >Teresa in AZ, still. Actually this is just *across the street* from my old office.

    Very nice. I'm glad it worked out so well. Layne

  6. On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:49:32 +0200, Anthony wrote:

    >As usual - great reports Layne! Your pace is getting gradually faster....

    :) Thanks, Anthony. Yes, it (my pace) slipped. I promise to rein it back in.

    >Good to see that you're keeping up the running through the headaches. Back in the days of
    >caffeine-intake, I used to get bad headaches if I missed a day. (mostly those religion-related
    >fast-days) Now that I'm off caffeine - no more headaches.

    Yeah, those caffeine headaches make one wish for a hangover (well, maybe not on the
    religious-related fast days). I switched to tea only for a few months and then to no caffeine at all
    for a while - we're talking Night of the Living Dead. Made the long runs interesting since I
    occasionally ended up in parts of town I hadn't seen before.

    >Good luck with the clinics. I hope that they can help you to beat them.

    Thank you. Me, too. It's getting old.

    Thanks, Layne

    The rec.running report archives may be found at http://kinder.cis.unf.edu/rec.running