Bad Back

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by kathy37, Feb 16, 2004.

1. kathy37

kathy37 Guest

Can any branch of Medicine, or alternatively, Alternative, digagnose a "Bad Back" absent x-rays,
    MRI's, etc? by "feel" or anything else non-invasive?

My brother in Florida (the one that had cancer, but didn't) a few days ago had rather emergency
    surgery for a badly hernieated disk & a cyst on his spine, determined by an MRI.

Anyway it made me think back to my two separate encounters with the Acupuncturist, 8 years ago &
    then last year. In both cases, for the frozen shoulder & then for the sprained knee, she (same one)
    determined that my lower back was badly "out of whack", particularly in the "knee matter", just by
    feel. In neither case did I have a concurrent backache (thank God!) I don't recall what the
    Chiropractor said about my back when she was working on my frozen shoulder (this was after I gave up
    on acupuncture), but I know she didn;t focus on it. Neither saw any x-rays of my back since there
    weren't any.

So I go back to my original question...

Tags:

2. Gymmy Bob

Gymmy Bob Guest

You already told us the answer.

<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Can any branch of Medicine, or alternatively, Alternative, digagnose a "Bad Back" absent x-rays,
    > MRI's, etc? by "feel" or anything else non-invasive?
    >
    > My brother in Florida (the one that had cancer, but didn't) a few days ago had rather emergency
    > surgery for a badly hernieated disk & a cyst on his spine, determined by an MRI.
    >
    > Anyway it made me think back to my two separate encounters with the Acupuncturist, 8 years ago &
    > then last year. In both cases, for the frozen shoulder & then for the sprained knee, she (same
    > one) determined that my lower back was badly "out of whack", particularly in the "knee matter",
    > just by feel. In neither case did I have a concurrent backache (thank God!) I don't recall what
    > the Chiropractor said about my back when she was working on my frozen shoulder (this was after I
    > gave up on acupuncture), but I know she didn;t focus on it. Neither saw any x-rays of my back
    > since there weren't any.
    >
    > So I go back to my original question...