Bad! BENZENE HEXACHLORIDE found in BING HAN GINSENG

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Mark Thorson, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    Quoting from:
    http://www.headlice.org/lindane/

    "Lindane is the primary synonym for gamma-Hexachlorocyclohexane (HCH) also commonly referred to as
    benzene hexachloride (BHC). Lindane is a nerve poison, an organochlorine pesticide. Lindane is a
    known carcinogen in the state of California where it has been banned. Lindane is an Endocrine
    Disrupting Chemical and Persistent Organic Pollutant."

    Quoting from: http://www.arb.ca.gov/toxics/tac/factshts/lindane.pdf

    "Lindane has been reported to cause liver cancer in rats and mice exposed orally. The U.S. EPA has
    classified lindane in Group B2/C: Possible human carcinogen (U.S. EPA, 1994a). The International
    Agency for Research on Cancer has classified lindane in Group 2B: Possible human carcinogen, based
    on limited animal evidence (IARC, 1987a)."

    Quoting from this file: http://www.fda.gov/ora/fiars/ora_import_ia9908.html

    [. . .]

    REASON FOR ALERT: This alert provides a compilation of all processed foods that may be subject to
    detention without physical examination due to illegal pesticide residues pursuant to the procedures
    outlined in Chapter 9 of the RPM.

    [. . .]

    Ginseng Bing Han Medical Factory Quintozene
    3/13/2001 (Powdered) 81, Cherng Gong Street *Pentachlorobenzene 211-9414883-5 Ell Jeun Village,
    Taiwan *Tetrachloroaniline
    I290230/120531 FEI# 3003196781 *Hexachlorobenzene 54F[]R12 - SEA *BHC Shipper: Bing Han (Canada)
    *Pentachloroaniline Enterprises. Ltd. *Tecnazene 210-7911 Alderbridge Way
    *Pentachlorothioanisole Richmond B.C., Canada FEI# 3003196782

    Quoting from this file: http://www.fda.gov/ora/oasis/5/ora_oasis_i_54.html

    Refusal Actions by FDA as Recorded in OASIS

    Country of Origin Entry # DOC Line Suffix Manufacture Name City / ISO Country Code District
    Product Code Product Description Date Reason

    [. . .]

    Taiwan, Republic Of China 310-5216341-2 1 1 Bing Han Enterprises Ltdpharmaceutical Factory
    Tainan , TW CIN-DO 54YBZ04 PANAX GINSENG, PERSONAL SHIPMENT 02-MAY-2003 PESTICIDES

    Tags:

  2. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Quoting from: http://www.headlice.org/lindane/
    >
    > "Lindane is the primary synonym for gamma-Hexachlorocyclohexane (HCH) also commonly referred to as
    > benzene hexachloride

    You know...according to Hulda Clark, benzene causes AIDS. So, the Bin Hang Gensing hucksters are
    actually hawking a product that (according to the Alties' favorite guru) causes AIDS...are they part
    of some evil conspiracy?

    Mark, MD