Bad bloomin service

bomber

Dec 18, 2001
Took my bike into the bikeshop (only one, i live in grahamstown) to have the BB replaced and the guy told me that he had one on order and that i would have my bike back on Mon 7th, that being on thursday when i took the bike back in! When i went in Mon they TWIT had put in a substandard BB as the part requested hadnt arrived AND he scratched my frame by leaning a frickin mountain bike on top of my bike.... :mad: I'm a student for crumbs sake i could hardly afford what i have now let alone to try and fix there mistakes ARGHHH :mad: :mad:

Tell them to fix it. If they have stories, slap a piece of paper with this thread's URL onto the shop owners table.

Hi Bomber, I'm from Grahamstown myself (given the name who would have guessed) and might I suggest that rather than taking the bike to a shop there (they would struggle with a BMX let alone something of quality) plan a trip to P.E. every few months and get your bike fixed there (just phone the bike shop ahead of time and warn them of everything involved). I had the bottom of the range Schwinn MTB while in G'town and I wouldn't have let the bike shop there near the thing. I do know that there is a reputable guy somewhere in G'town who does good work. Get hold of the Rhodes mountain club, someone there should have his contact details.<br /><br />What do you ride Bomber? from your name I would assume a MTB but from your worry about scratches I would assume a racer. There are some nice areas around G'town to MTB, only the wind gets a bit much.<br /><br />Oh, V02, the LBS in G'town is not exactly likely to be affected by anything on the internet. It is a locksmith come bike shop and the guys running it come straight out of the dark ages, most of them struggle to write and I don't think any of them actually ride (what sort of LBS isn't run by a cyclist, I ask you)

[quote author=Rhodent link=board=10;threadid=2507;start=0#21561 date=1034070880]<br />What do you ride Bomber? from your name I would assume a MTB but from your worry about scratches I would assume a racer. There are some nice areas around G'town to MTB, only the wind gets a bit much.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />I am a road rider, trek to be different, but its a new shop in peppergrove mall and supposedly a trek dealer as well. i just can't belive that anyone could be so unprofessional thats all. but i guess the pilgrimage to PE will have to be made so i'll just grin and bear it!! oh yeah and i hate the wind in this place especially seeing as you generally end up training on your own, no-one to hide behind :p