Bad Business Practices

G

:mad:I have been an avid cyclist for 12 yrs. and a licensed road racer for the past 2yrs.I have been riding an SLX Colnago for the past 10 yrs. and decided to upgrade to a new frame this past summer. I purchased a Daccordi steel frame from USAEURO BIKE. This has been the most frustrating and expensive experience I have been through in years. When I received the frame, my local bike shop could not get the new Dura Ace BB (Italian threads) to seat all the way down. My shop told me that the threads were damaged. I called USAEURO BIKE immediately and he told me that the shop did not know what they were doing, and to send them the frame and BB and they would install it (at my exspense).They told me the shop didn't have a special tool required for installation. I was skeptical since my shop was voted one of the top one hundred bike shops in the country the past several years and has over 20 yrs. experience with Italian frames. Well, when the frame was returned, the BB was installed BACKWARDS. The fixed cup was on the left and the adjustable cup was on the right and the spindle would not spin freely. Once again the frame was returned to USAEURO BIKE for examination (at my expense). Now the company still insists there is nothing wrong with the frame and refuses to replace it or give me my money back! I have contacted my credit card co. and filed a dispute. I have spent over $100 in shipping costs, and have over $1,700 invested in this frame, and have no bike and no money. Members, please be warned of this company's unprofessional business practices and policies. If anyone has any suggestions for me about getting a refund, I would appreciate it.

:mad: ,no good mate. how long have you had it? can you return it for a refund?. the shop where i bought my bike says they have 30 day money back i think. sounds like you might of had it too long though. i bought my bike complete from the shop. yeh thats a lesson with the credit card . If people bill you you cant stop them or close the credit card account.(easily)

good luck.

It will depend on what country he's from Nicolas.

Seems pretty dodgey though, have you tried speaking to a Solicitor? There has got to be some kind of action you can take.

I broke a certian type of frame about 4 times, each time it was replaced within a day. In the end they gave me a new connondale  ;D

cheers!

I did return the frame to him within a 30 day period.I also sent him a letter from the bike shop that tried to assemble the frame that said that the threads were cross threaded.His website also says that he will refund for any faulty frame...but he refuses to refund my credit card.My credit card co is on it right now,but in the meantime,I have no bike & no money. I wanted everyone to know how this guy does business.I have learned to deal with a shop,rather than a sole proprietior...let this be a lesson to all!
:mad: ,no good mate. how long have you had it? can you return it for a refund?. the shop where i bought my bike says they have 30 day money back i think. sounds like you might of had it too long though. i bought my bike complete from the shop. yeh thats a lesson with the credit card . If people bill you you cant stop them or close the credit card account.(easily)

good luck.

Yep cant go wrong with a good LBS ;)

Does this dodgey company have a website?

I'm sure your fellow Aussies would appreciate the warning! I just don't understand why some people treat their customers that way. Don't they know that post-purchase relations is more profitable in the long term? My LBS has treated me well (exchanging faulty stuff for better ones NO QUESTIONS ASKED, and AT HIS EXPENSE) so he always gets my business as long as he is selling what I need. It does not matter that his shop is much farther from a group of LBSs near my home.

Yes this guys website is www.usaeurobike.com Let everyone be warned. Thanks
Yep cant go wrong with a good LBS  ;)

Does this dodgey company have a website?

:mad:I just wanted to keep members updated with my dispute with USAEURO BIKE. I have made many formal complaints with many consumer services about this company. My credit card company has resolved this dispute in my favor for the full amount. But.... this clown has 45 days to respond and have this verdict overturned. This dispute has been going on since Sept! The deadline is Dec. 13th for this matter to be finally over. He has filed bogus letters trying to justfy a Italian BB to be installed backwards. But I fire rebuttal letters right back.Once again, beware of UASEURO BIKE.COM, Cocoa Bch. Fla. He refuses to admit that he has sold me a damaged frame. He knows that if can stick me with this frame his problems are over. If not, he will have to deal this with next poor soul he sells it to. Thanks, Shawn

To all members, I have found a great web-site and filed a complaint. ConsumerAffairs.Com in the USA, and they are going to put my story in thier newsletter!! Thanks, Shawn

I hope it works out for you, I wonder if they have received any other complaints about this company?