Bad diet linked to birth defects

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Tcomeau, Nov 27, 2003.

  1. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest

    Tags:

  2. "tcomeau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Pregnant women who eat sugary or highly processed food such as white bread and cornflakes face
    > double the risk of having malformed babies, according to research."
    >
    > http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/11/23/1069522479666.html
    >
    > TC

    Well you know the standard line, 'Refined food can be part of a balanced diet'. But then we all know
    the old quip about diets balanced by a cola drink in one hand and a Twinkee in the other.

    Likely less folic acid, b-6, b-12, choline, and inositol due to the empty calories. Nor should we
    assume that other nutrient deficiencies don't play a role.

    Not a sugar daddy.....................................
    ........................................William A. Noyes

  3. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest

  4. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest

    [email protected] (tcomeau) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Pregnant women who eat sugary or highly processed food such as white bread and cornflakes face
    > double the risk of having malformed babies, according to research."
    >
    > http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/11/23/1069522479666.html
    >
    > TC

    "Sugar use too high globally, experts report"

    "Soft drinks, juice targets in study that found changes in diet over 40 years"

    http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20031120/APPE20/TPHealth/

    TC

  5. Tcomeau

    Tcomeau Guest