Bad diet linked to birth defects

"tcomeau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Pregnant women who eat sugary or highly processed food such as white bread and cornflakes face
> double the risk of having malformed babies, according to research."
>
> http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/11/23/1069522479666.html
>
> TC

Well you know the standard line, 'Refined food can be part of a balanced diet'. But then we all know
the old quip about diets balanced by a cola drink in one hand and a Twinkee in the other.

Likely less folic acid, b-6, b-12, choline, and inositol due to the empty calories. Nor should we
assume that other nutrient deficiencies don't play a role.

Not a sugar daddy.....................................
........................................William A. Noyes

[email protected] (tcomeau) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Pregnant women who eat sugary or highly processed food such as white bread and cornflakes face
> double the risk of having malformed babies, according to research."
>
> http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/11/23/1069522479666.html
>
> TC

"Sugar use too high globally, experts report"

"Soft drinks, juice targets in study that found changes in diet over 40 years"

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20031120/APPE20/TPHealth/

TC