Bad Idea

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Feb 4, 2005.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/7520.0.html

    Hey, facial tattoos didn't hurt Mike Tyson's image!

    On a serious note, if I didn't know better, I'd think that they're
    getting a jump on the April Fool's Day fun. Without seeing a picture,
    I can't believe he actually got a full-on facial tattoo.

    If he did, whatever he's on isn't performance-enhancing.

  2. Scott wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    > > http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/7520.0.html

    > Hey, facial tattoos didn't hurt Mike Tyson's image!
    >

    > On a serious note, if I didn't know better, I'd think that they're
    > getting a jump on the April Fool's Day fun. Without seeing a

    picture,
    > I can't believe he actually got a full-on facial tattoo.
    >
    > If he did, whatever he's on isn't performance-enhancing.

    someone please find a picture. I can't believe this is not up on the
    dubdubdub somewhere.

    RVD

    PS Ken then put that in your faces section on Rbr

  3. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > [email protected] wrote:
    > > http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/7520.0.html

    > Hey, facial tattoos didn't hurt Mike Tyson's image!

    Well, that's not saying much...

    > On a serious note, if I didn't know better, I'd think that they're
    > getting a jump on the April Fool's Day fun. Without seeing a picture,
    > I can't believe he actually got a full-on facial tattoo.
    >
    > If he did, whatever he's on isn't performance-enhancing.

    I've seen tats creeping further up necks and onto faces for some time
    now, so it doesn't surprise me that someone did this. It is a little
    surprising that it turns out to be someone who gets the level of exposure
    that Clinger does (at least as far as the bike racing world goes). The
    first tip for DC should possibly have been the "fiancée didn't want him to
    get the facial tattoo" thing.

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    Butter is love.

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  4. On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 23:43:22 -0800, Howard Kveck
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Hey, facial tattoos didn't hurt Mike Tyson's image!

    > Well, that's not saying much...

    I heard that they tattoed "I am a jerk" on his forehead and when he
    asked, they sais krej was pronounced 'courage'.

    I'm not a Tyson fan BTW.

    Curtis L. Russell
    Odenton, MD (USA)
    Just someone on two wheels...

  5. It's his bad idea to have.

    I'm less amazed by the tatoo (living in the bay area). I'm more amazed
    at his immediate willingness to have it removed to accomodate the
    wishes of a D3 team that pays him less then $20k per year (in all
    likelihood). He either is not in love with this tatoo, or he is easily
    bought for cheap.

    Hmm, I do need a guy that can vacuum my rugs. Hmmm

  6. Joselas

    Joselas Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > It's his bad idea to have.
    >
    > I'm less amazed by the tatoo (living in the bay area). I'm more amazed
    > at his immediate willingness to have it removed to accomodate the
    > wishes of a D3 team that pays him less then $20k per year (in all
    > likelihood). He either is not in love with this tatoo, or he is easily
    > bought for cheap.
    >
    > Hmm, I do need a guy that can vacuum my rugs. Hmmm

    Especially since in the article he said he was prepared to be fired.

  7. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

  8. On 02/05/2005 01:22 PM, in article [email protected], "Joselas"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> It's his bad idea to have.
    >>
    >> I'm less amazed by the tatoo (living in the bay area). I'm more amazed
    >> at his immediate willingness to have it removed to accomodate the
    >> wishes of a D3 team that pays him less then $20k per year (in all
    >> likelihood). He either is not in love with this tatoo, or he is easily
    >> bought for cheap.
    >>
    >> Hmm, I do need a guy that can vacuum my rugs. Hmmm
    >>

    > Especially since in the article he said he was prepared to be fired.

    I read that part as follows:

    I did it, because I needed to do it for myself. Now it's done, and I was
    prepared to be fired.

    They are giving me the opportunity to rejoin the team if I take steps to
    remove it.

    I just needed to get it, but I don't need to keep it. So I'm willing to
    remove it.

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield
    stevens at veloworks dot com

  9. RonSonic

    RonSonic Guest

    On 5 Feb 2005 11:00:35 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

    >It's his bad idea to have.
    >
    >I'm less amazed by the tatoo (living in the bay area). I'm more amazed
    >at his immediate willingness to have it removed to accomodate the
    >wishes of a D3 team that pays him less then $20k per year (in all
    >likelihood). He either is not in love with this tatoo, or he is easily
    >bought for cheap.

    More likely he hadn't really thought it through.

    Didn't his girlfriend hate it? Do you suppose she hated it enough that ....

    That's a lot more pressure than the team could apply.

    >Hmm, I do need a guy that can vacuum my rugs. Hmmm

    What and quit show business.

    Ron

  10. B Lafferty

    B Lafferty Guest

  11. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "B Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > news:[email protected]
    >> <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>> http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/7520.0.html

    >> Sounds like a cry for help to me. Clinger is demonstrating not just bad
    >> judgement but mental incompentence.

    > Now that IS funny coming from you. ;-)

    I hear that people have so much faith in your judgement that your business
    is just booming.

  12. EuroDog

    EuroDog Guest

    > "B Lafferty" <M[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]
    >>>
    >>> Sounds like a cry for help to me. Clinger is demonstrating not just bad
    >>> judgement but mental incompentence.

    >> Now that IS funny coming from you. ;-)

    > I hear that people have so much faith in your judgement that your business
    > is just booming.

    Right you are. Now, specifically which business were you referring to, Tom?

  13. Fred Marx

    Fred Marx Guest

    So I'm willing to remove it.

    ummmm like owwwwww....!!!!?????

  14. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "OMC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Dear David Clinger,
    > For christ sake...picking the dumbass between you, Matt Decanio and
    > Crit Pro is almost impossible !!

    POTM.

  15. k.papai

    k.papai Guest

    "RVD

    PS Ken then put that in your faces section on Rbr "

    I will -- where an image?

    My opinion:

    If you're a pro you don't go about changing your appearance the way
    Clinger did, especially if you're on a small team, and then expect love
    from the mngt. I admire the Maori too but to disfigure yourself
    permanently? I think tatoos are a ridiculous fad (though lasting a
    good 10+ years so far) and when you grow up (past 40 years old) the
    regret will be huge.

    Pro Bike Racing == Western Society.
    Full facial tatoos won't fit in there.

    -Ken

  16. You seem to think that the sponsors are into this just for the big team
    presentation in January. A bunch of skinny blonde suit-wearing guys in
    their twenties, with nicely combed hair.

    The sponsors do this for brand exposure in the media, and nothing else.
    They want to see three things in the paper:

    A) 1st
    B) Webcor Builders