Bad Image?

K50

Oct 7, 2005
Is it bad style to show up in the gym using the stationary bike wearing a team kit? lol, to me, that just asks for trouble, but I want to see what others think. Where do you draw the line? Just spandex shorts with a T-shirt? Just a jersey top with normal shorts?

K50 said:
Is it bad style to show up in the gym using the stationary bike wearing a team kit? lol, to me, that just asks for trouble, but I want to see what others think. Where do you draw the line? Just spandex shorts with a T-shirt? Just a jersey top with normal shorts?
I have no problem with wearing the shorts...cause frankly...I want the padding. Gym indoor trainers have crappy seats and its a fact of life, so why not be as comfortable as you can (especially for those long endurance building rides). Now, you don't need the jersey, because you are not trying to gain an aerodynamic advantage.

What's up with those mad-uncomfortable seats on the gym stationary bikes? I can't sit on those things for 20 minutes without my ass hurting.

As to the original question, I just wear my regular gym clothes. Wearing a full team kit in the gym kind of makes you look like a tool.

Graham_DNF said:
I have no problem with wearing the shorts...cause frankly...I want the padding. Gym indoor trainers have crappy seats and its a fact of life, so why not be as comfortable as you can (especially for those long endurance building rides). Now, you don't need the jersey, because you are not trying to gain an aerodynamic advantage.
Yeah, I hate those seats. The shorts definitely help out big-time. Wearing running shorts or any other kind is just pain after a while.

PartisanRanger said:
What's up with those mad-uncomfortable seats on the gym stationary bikes? I can't sit on those things for 20 minutes without my ass hurting.

As to the original question, I just wear my regular gym clothes. Wearing a full team kit in the gym kind of makes you look like a tool.

LOL, yeah you got that right hahaha...

why would it? most never even care to wipe down the equiptment , it is your appearance?

mikesbytes said:
Do whatever you want. If someone else dosen't like it, thats bad luck for them.
Yeah, it would be cooler if I had a training partner from my team. Then it would be cool to have 2 guys flying team colours... But yeah, it's always good just to represent your team.