Bad Name follow-up

Martin Bulmer

Guest
Are we to assume that war has now been declared, and pre-emptive attacks are
in order?
From this week's "Coalville Times" (yes, really);

Cyclist punches woman

A CYCLIST gave a new meaning to the term hit-and-run in an attack in
Shepshed earlier this month.
Police in the town are now appealing for help to catch a man who assaulted a
30year-old woman as she walked along Butthole Lane towards Loughborough
Road.

The incident happened at around 1pm on Thursday May 11, when a man riding a
mountain bike punched the victim in the stomach.

He then rode off towards Loughborough.

The man is described as white, 20-25 years old and of medium build.

He has dark hair, brown eyes and pale skin and was wearing dark blue
trousers and a white top at the time of the attack.

PC Phil Martindale, from Shepshed local policing unit, said: 'The punch
caused the woman to be winded but she has not sought any medical treatment.

"However, she is naturally shocked that she was assaulted in this way.

'We're appealing for anyone who witnessed this incident to get in contact
with us.

'You may have been walking along Butthole Lane that afternoon and recall
seeing the incident, but were perhaps not aware that the woman had been
assaulted. It could be that you saw the cyclist or know the route he took
after he left Butthole Lane. If you have any information about the incident
or the man involved then we'd urge you to get in touch."

Anyone with information can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

--

Martin Bulmer

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
> A yob is a yob is a yob.

Notes;
1...It was a mountain bike, of course (ducks & dons helmet)
2...It occurred at one of the most google-map-searched places in the
country- Butthole Lane.
--

Martin Bulmer

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
> A yob is a yob is a yob.

YOB being an acronym for Yob On Bike ;-)

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

Martin Bulmer wrote:

> 1...It was a mountain bike, of course (ducks & dons helmet)

Proper one, of course. Not one of those peaked jobbies. :)

--
Dave...

On Sat, 27 May 2006 13:32:04 +0100, Office Pest
<OfficePest@officepest> wrote:

>> Butthole Lane

>That's got to be a wind up?

Nope.

It's in Shepshed, and is actually part of the sustrans Derby to
Leicester route.

"Bob"