Bad person

John Hearns

Guest
I am a bad person.

I went into Evans yesterday, to idly browse over the bikes. I ended up coming out with a Topeak
seat pack, complete with a toolkit inside. Adn I already have a small tooolkit. But the tools were
just so SHINY.

Rather more seriously, I was browsing Ridgeback bikes. I saw someone riding a Ridgeback Meteor
flatbar racer, and liked the look of it. In the shop, the 19inch seemed the right size for me, but
it seemed quite heavy - in fact I though heavier than my steel Orange P7 mountain bike. The forks
seemed quite beefy. Anyone else got one of these, or maybe the Ridgeback Day series?

The handlebars seemed a bit wide - which I could cut down, but also the brake/shift levers seemed
too big and chunky, with a long reach for my hands.

John Hearns wrote:

> Anyone else got one of these, or maybe the Ridgeback Day series?

I'm in the process of resurrecting a Day 01 from a wheel-and-seatless frameset, but as several of
the crucial parts are yet to arrive at Larrington Towers, I can't say what it's like. It felt pretty
light to me, but then most things do in comparison with an HP Velotechnik Speedmachine...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Dave Larrington wrote:

> It felt pretty light to me, but then most things do in comparison with an HP Velotechnik
> Speedmachine...

Hmmmm, since I have a Streetmachine GT with full racks and dynohub I'm not in the same position...
;-) Tried the Kinetics demo Speedmachine, and I Want One. Picking it up I thought it was a bit of a
lump, but less of a lump than mine!

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

In message <[email protected]>, John Hearns <[email protected]> writes
> was browsing Ridgeback bikes. I saw someone riding a Ridgeback Meteor flatbar racer, and liked the
> look of it. In the shop, the 19inch seemed the right size for me, but it seemed quite heavy - in
> fact I though heavier than my steel Orange P7 mountain bike. The forks seemed quite beefy. Anyone
> else got one of these, or maybe the Ridgeback Day series?

There's a guy who posts here called Smudger and he's got a Ridgeback Day. Seems to like it. Search
for Smudger Ridgeback Day on google groups and you'll turn him up.
--
Michael MacClancy