Bad person

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Hearns, May 14, 2003.

  1. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    I am a bad person.

    I went into Evans yesterday, to idly browse over the bikes. I ended up coming out with a Topeak
    seat pack, complete with a toolkit inside. Adn I already have a small tooolkit. But the tools were
    just so SHINY.

    Rather more seriously, I was browsing Ridgeback bikes. I saw someone riding a Ridgeback Meteor
    flatbar racer, and liked the look of it. In the shop, the 19inch seemed the right size for me, but
    it seemed quite heavy - in fact I though heavier than my steel Orange P7 mountain bike. The forks
    seemed quite beefy. Anyone else got one of these, or maybe the Ridgeback Day series?

    The handlebars seemed a bit wide - which I could cut down, but also the brake/shift levers seemed
    too big and chunky, with a long reach for my hands.

    Tags:

  2. John Hearns wrote:

    > Anyone else got one of these, or maybe the Ridgeback Day series?

    I'm in the process of resurrecting a Day 01 from a wheel-and-seatless frameset, but as several of
    the crucial parts are yet to arrive at Larrington Towers, I can't say what it's like. It felt pretty
    light to me, but then most things do in comparison with an HP Velotechnik Speedmachine...

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  3. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Dave Larrington wrote:

    > It felt pretty light to me, but then most things do in comparison with an HP Velotechnik
    > Speedmachine...

    Hmmmm, since I have a Streetmachine GT with full racks and dynohub I'm not in the same position...
    ;-) Tried the Kinetics demo Speedmachine, and I Want One. Picking it up I thought it was a bit of a
    lump, but less of a lump than mine!

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  4. In message <[email protected]>, John Hearns <[email protected]> writes
    > was browsing Ridgeback bikes. I saw someone riding a Ridgeback Meteor flatbar racer, and liked the
    > look of it. In the shop, the 19inch seemed the right size for me, but it seemed quite heavy - in
    > fact I though heavier than my steel Orange P7 mountain bike. The forks seemed quite beefy. Anyone
    > else got one of these, or maybe the Ridgeback Day series?

    There's a guy who posts here called Smudger and he's got a Ridgeback Day. Seems to like it. Search
    for Smudger Ridgeback Day on google groups and you'll turn him up.
    --
    Michael MacClancy