Bad season for Rogers ahead

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Bro Deal, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

2. whiteboytrash

whiteboytrash New Member

Well timed and very convenient for Mr. Rogers.......

3. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

This confirms another Cranky theory. What are the odds that he contracts the same rare virus twice?

My theory is that all viruses hibernate in our bodies once we are infected. Like herpes, which flares when we are under stress (I don't have it BTW), I think we all carry cold viruses, and when we expose ourselves to extreme weather, the virus just simply comes out of hibernation and flares. This would explain why we catch a cold in the middle of the sea (away from other people) on a cold fishing trip.

So I think Michael has the Epstein-Barr virus... and it is going to decide to declare war on his body when he is under stress.

Any medical gurus wishing to properly correct my layman flaws, please do.

4. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

Are you serious WBT? Do you think he got his doctor friend to write the teacher a note??

5. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

That's what I was thinking when I read the article.

6. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

More likely the Sinkewitz threat contributed to his stress levels. How can he stop training for eight weeks based on a lie? IMO it's just a coincidence. But he is in the fry pan.

7. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

How come you know so much about Herpes? And how did a disease get to be named after a Nobel Prize winning physicist and a fat pog?

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

It gives him a nice excuse to lie low and be in an out of the way place when the german investigation reveals he was on T-Mob's program. No race organizers can complain about the risk of having him at their event.

9. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

No...it's named after a fat pog and the gay manager of the Beatles who committed suicide, Brian Epstein...

[​IMG]

10. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

If it turns out that this is a big Stapleton Lie...I'm outta here... good news for a few CF'ers (me being outa here that is)... :p

11. hoggy

hoggy New Member

I am not even close to a medical guru but i did consult Dr "google" when i read the story about rogers and discovered that Epstein Barr is in fact a part of the herpes family, so you might be spot on Cranky.

As to whether the stress is from sinkewitz stories or training i prefer to believe the latter, until i hear evidence to the contrary.

12. earth_dweller

earth_dweller New Member

yep, got to admit that it crossed my mind too.

13. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Ok, how did Mick Rogers get it when he's not a fat pog or ghey? Unless he is ghey?:eek:

14. plectrum

plectrum New Member

If he has this dormant virus then yes in situations of physical and / or mental stress the virus can re-emerge. It is well documented that professional athletes especially cyclists are constantly on the verge of pushing their bodies past the safe recovery threshold.

This actually is part of the reason that these athletes first took PEDs i.e. cortisone & testosterone, to fix their body before getting cumulative breakdown.

15. italiano

italiano New Member

All so cinic…[​IMG]

Plectrum, cortisone not help breakdown,….cortisone maked in breakdown….cortisone abuse contribute E-B ilness with masking…they love cortisone to kill pain, make head spin and early EPO use combine always cortisone..stupid pratica Michelle Ferrari not recomend...[​IMG]...never

testosteron you right[​IMG]

16. plectrum

plectrum New Member

Please try to use this: http://babelfish.altavista.com/